Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How to Prepare Fresh Asparagus Spears Roasted...



Fresh Roasted Aspargus...
Living From Glory To Glory Blog



Garlic-Roasted Asparagus

Asparagus recipes don't get any easier than this.
 Simply toss asparagus spears with sliced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper,
 and roast until tender.

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus.
 Place asparagus and garlic in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
 Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Add sliced fresh garlic for amazing flavor
Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring once halfway through roasting.
 Serve immediately!
 You can also sprinkle a little bit of cheese  like a Parmesan!

Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Roast: 10 mins 450°F


This is the very best way to cook your asparagus in my opinion,
 I find the garlic makes it just heavenly!

I remember as a child going out hunting for the fresh asparagus in our fields.
They were fresh and tender and we ate them with great gusto.
Melted butter on slightly cooked tender spears.
When the asparagus was ready to pick, Spring had truly come.

I have bought my 2lbs of fresh spears to prepare for this Sunday's feast...
Enjoy the bounty of each season.


12 comments:

  1. I LOVE asparagus! It grows wild in some fields just north of us. Yum!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic-Roasted Asparagus looks great. I have not made any dishes in Asparagus and i have no idea about the taste. Will try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Roxy! This is THE best way to make asparagus! My son's neighbor grows her own, and shares the bounty with them! I add a touch of shaved Asiago cheese on mine! Lovely to share this!!! Making me hungry now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I love garlic and this would be so good :) I am taking a vegetable for the Easter meal on Sunday so maybe I will take this...thanks, sweet friend.

    I hope you are doing well. May you have a beautiful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roxy! This is just the way my dear mother-in-law used to make asparagus. How my husband loves it. And it's so good for you too!

    I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter. I know it will be a special one because of your traditions and faith. Bless you!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been enjoying asparagus for a few weeks now and can't get enough. Your recipe, with garlic will be an added delight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!
    This looks so wonderful!
    My oldest son goes out each year with our sweet neighbor Grandpa next door to look and brings home fresh each year!
    We love it.
    Have a blessed resurrection Easter with your family!
    Blessings~
    For our family Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roxy, how yummy that looks! I have such a happy memory of going out with my uncle Bob to pick asparagus in his garden. There are few things better than fresh asparagus, especially when it is cooked just right! Have a lovely evening, With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love asparagus and this is how I always prepare mine...:) I have never sprinkled it with cheese though...I need to try that! Have a blessed Easter and enjoy your feast!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks lovely! I love roasted asparagus. I never thought about adding sliced garlic to it. I will have to try that next time I make it.

    Thank you for linking-up at Beauty Observed last week! It is always so nice to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roxy I do this and love it but have never added the garlic. Yum! I must next time. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother