Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Lighthouse The Only Safe Harbor...


Living from Glory to Glory Blog

The Light House

The Light House does not move...
It is steady even in a storm of epic portion;
It can withstand wind and rain and icebergs.

I heard the Lord say a few years back;
"There's a Storm In The Heavens"

If I were to look for a place to ride out a storm,
I think I would choose a Lighthouse!

When I was a child, I went past this Lighthouse so often!
I saw it in all its glory; The sun rising around it or the sun setting beside it!
Reflecting the Light of the greater light, The sun that marks each day!

I am at perfect peace because I have laid my foundation on solid ground!

Notice the narrow path to the Lighthouse?
When you are walking out to this Lighthouse;
You must keep your eyes open and do not lean over the edges.

I know this Lighthouse personally!
This Lighthouse has even looked like a cross when the shadows.
Would lie across at just the right angle.

As a child, I played on the sands of this lovely Lighthouse. My memories
Are filled with so many days and evenings of this site!
My eyes have seen the glory of so many beautiful things in this world.
And they can always point us to a truth in God's word!

I am not a religious zealot, but rather a daughter of the King!
I have been given the gift of sight to see how God is in all of these
sweet memories to be used as I matured and grew in wisdom.

There is a safe Harbor in the storm;
Always look for the Lighthouse!

Jesus Christ Of Nazareth...

13 comments:

  1. This light house looks familiar. White City? Near Jacobsville?

    Beautiful reminder that Jesus is always the light for our way. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very best advice...pretty lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always...a greaat lesson and very uplifting! And oh how true...we always have a safe harbor in the storm. Such a lovely lighthouse...where is it located?

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I thank God for the lighthouse, Jesus is the Lighthouse...."what a beautiful song :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Great lesson, Roxy. I love the way you used the lighthouse in your writing for a spiritual lesson, and a visual aid...beautiful!!
    Happy Summer days to you, dear Sister In Christ.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh.. I so needed this today. Thanks for sharing.

    I love all lighthouses, but this one has a story of happy memories.

    Have a wonderful day, Roxy!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a first time reader of your blog. It's lovely. I took a leisurely stroll through it and could sense your love for the Lord. You are blessed to live where you are. Nature is one of the things that keep me focused on God, one of the things that make me feel so close to Him. I love lighthouses so enjoyed today's post very much. Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lighthouse and beautiful analogy. I don't enjoy the climb up but I like the view from above. Maybe that's the way life is, exhausted on the uphill but getting there is so worth it. Jesus, our lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the image and analogy, Roxy! Keeping my eyes on Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lighthouse is Jesus Himself, the only safe place in the storm.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother