At times life can be smooth and clear sailing...
You can feel the sunshine on your face and you can see clearly.
But I have learned even when the sea starts to churn and pulse;
We as Christians have a place we can feel His peace.
As the world turns and we can feel the shaking;
God is not shaken...
When the enemy comes in like a flood,
God raises the standard!
We must not look at the waves and whitecaps;
As the water will always cover the shoreline in its continual
lapping against the sand. We can KNOW that when the enemy
comes in like a flood, the spirit of the LORD shall lift up a
STANDARD against him...
Read this scripture
When you see the enemy attacking you or your loved ones!
Chuck Smith :: Sermon Notes for Isaiah 59:19
I. THE ENEMY. "WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD."
A. "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the..."
1. Sometime before creation of man, He created angels of various ranks and orders.
2. One of the angels of the highest order rebelled against Him.
a. This angel was described as, "perfect in beauty..."
b. He drew a third part of the angels with him.
3. Originally, only one government in the universe. Light of life.
4. Now a second government.
a. Opposed to the first.
b. Government of death and darkness.
B. The purpose of the enemy.
1. To draw you away from God.
2. "The enemy has come to rob, steal and destroy."
C. The method of the enemy.
1. To appeal to the baser nature of man, to make him a slave to his own fleshly lusts.
a. The effect is always destructive.
b. More obvious forms alcoholism, drug addiction.
c. More subtle form is sex.
2. Thus, to follow the enemy is to follow the path to destruction.
3. To pervert the good, natural, God given drives by seeking unnatural fulfillment.
II. "WHEN THE ENEMY COMES IN LIKE A FLOOD."
A. There are times when we seem to be singled out for special attacks.
1. The pressure is like a flood.
2. We are almost overwhelmed.
3. We recognize that those forces against us are more powerful than we.
a. I don't have the strength to resist the flood.
b. Am I doomed?
III. THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WILL LIFT UP A STANDARD AGAINST HIM.
A. Though the forces that are against us are strong, that power that God has given to us is stronger.
1. "Greater is He that is in you than he that..."
2. "You shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit."
B. The standard that the Spirit lifts is the Word of God.
1. When the enemy came as a flood against Jesus.
a. He seems to know when to attack.
1. Jesus had been fasting 40 days and was hungry.
2. Use God's power to feed your own flesh.
b. Jesus used the Word, "It is written..."
2. "Thy Word have I hidden in my heart..."
a. The Word of God in my heart is one of my best defenses against the enemy.
IV. WHAT TO DO WHEN ENEMY COMES IN LIKE A FLOOD.
A. "Resist the devil..." James.
1. Peter tells us the devil is going about like a roaring lion...whom resist steadfastly.
2. In Hebrews you have not resisted unto blood.
B. Call upon the Lord.
C. Get into the Word.
Here is an amazing tool to learn and study the Bible;