Thursday, June 15, 2017

Youth Dew And Staying Young At Heart...


Youth is something that seems to be fleeting as I age...

How can we age gracefully?

I have a friend that we have always said that when we get old,
"We will not be old and crotchety"
Cranky and rude;

Is there truly any excuse for just plain old meanness?

If we are Christians, Christ should be-
Formed in us, daily!
Living from glory to glory!

There is nothing more beautiful than seeing an older person,
Smiling and being kind and showing grace in her words and actions.

Do you make a practice of being critical and mouthy?
Or are you using your words to build up and edify?

When I see things while out in about in the market place that disturbs me;
I try to pray and not show signs of my un-approval of them!
It is not them but their way of acting or living...
Pain and sorry and loose morals are everywhere!

Being critical and hard makes one look older
Being self righteous will make you alone
Being unkind makes you bitter!

Show Grace and Kindness...
It will make your face glow
Smile, You will look younger!

Love
~You may not have tomorrow~

9 comments:

  1. Very, very, wise words my friend. I try to be like this, but I know that I sometimes fail. With Gods help and His loving guidance, I hope to grow into a graceful and kind older woman.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Roxy. Showing grace, love, and kindness goes a lot further too in hopefully reaching them. Loved the picture too. I haven't seen that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really important subject and good reminder. I smile a lot and that is always welcome. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Roxy! I do try to be kind to everyone. I don't ever remember my mom being crotchety. Life's too short to not be happy, right?
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweeter as the Days Go By might refer to our relationship with God as we age but it is also what we should be as we mature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm proud of my age! And, I love your post; grace & kindness definitely makes a difference, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aging gracefully, that is what I believe the Lord Jesus wants us to do. As we become more like Him as we spend time in His Word, as we age we shouldn't be critical or mouthy, for He is not like that. We should become more gentle and be able to use the wisdom we learn in scripture in our everyday lives. And you are perfectly right, it does show on our faces. Praying you have a beautiful day walking in the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words of wisdom as usual Miss Roxy.
    You're aging very gracefully.
    May I do so also.

    I find that trying to protect my kids from so much
    negative influence while they were young made me
    rather judgemental. I'm trying to change that now.
    It can be ugly.

    Thank you for your good example.
    I think I'll have a little talk with Jesus now.
    Hugs,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words of wisdom have hit home for many of us.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother