Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Country Boy...

 

Country Boy, Cowboy boots, Living from glory to glory blog...



Time to Reflect...

Here I sit thinking the yellow school bus will be coming down the road!
Well, maybe not!
 I think as all the children have grown up or moved away on this old country dirt road!

I homeschooled my own children, but I have always loved
this time of year when school supplies were being sold in bulk.
Notebooks and pencils and colored pencils and pens galore.

I am not really sure who really learned the most, myself or the children!

These boots no longer fit the little boys...
They are all taller than grandma!

I just thought I would share a couple of thoughts with you all!

I am slowing down a bit!
Freezer jelly sounds easier than canning!
Still trying to teach myself to play the piano!
Entering my Doll house into the State Fair this weekend!
(I will share some photos soon)
Doing a lot of praying for friends and family!
Trying to eat a bit healthier!

I am working on getting my joy back from losing my friend from brain cancer.

Taking a rest from many things I have done for 30 plus years!

Doing what I love!
Staying away from things that cause me stress.
Keeping in touch with the friends that I love and love me back!

I do not want to look back and see that I have just gone through the motions...

Simple Life
Simple Foods
Simple words of encouragement
Simple prayers
Simple truths
Simple lifestyle
Simple in being thoughtful
Simple in just being me...

I want to just say hello and thank you for all your kind words over these many years!

May you aspire to live the life you always prayed for!



Love, Roxy
Living From Glory To Glory

Christ Being Formed In Me...






11 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your blog for some time now and just wanted to say how much it has encouraged me to keep thing simple and fresh in my marriage and walk with the Lord. The pain of loosing your friend will fade, the memories of her never will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful simple plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and praying for you today Roxy. I am so sorry about your friend and I know you will always remember her with love in your heart. Our lives do go through an ebb and flow don't they? The busyness of the years of raising our children has now passed and things have slowed down a lot. One thing it has done is left me more time to talk with God. I'm very grateful for that.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the thoughts you are thinking are very good ones. Sometimes we all need to take inventory of our lives and reflect. I am so sorry about your sweet friend who lost her battle. Although her struggle is over now, yours is not since you miss her so. God will help you through your time of mourning. Hugs to you today, sweet Roxy! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can FEEL the love and gratitude in your words!
    What you given to others, I pray you will get double back, in return.

    This is one of the loveliest post I've read in a long time.

    By the way, I can't wait to see your Doll House!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So encouraging to read your ponderings. This time of year always has me thinking of life in it's depths to. I love the simplicity you share of, that is also what I long for.

    Praying for you as you live each day to the glory of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely, uplifting post about moving forward as we cherish the past. I am sorry to hear of your friend's passing and hope the memories of your friendship fills your heart with peace. Sending hugs and blessings your way. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet post and sounds like a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good plans you have. I lost my best friend 30 years ago to cancer, and it is hard - I'll pray for you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I homeschooled my children too! Every year I have to stop and look at the new school supplies on display. This year I bought a cute pack of pencils. Just couldn't resist! :-) I'm hoping life slows down a little bit so I can actually have time to do some doodling with them. Hugs to your dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She actually does!
    In the books, she's hit by a car, but she does recover, and does walk again.

    There were several (around 10?) 'Glad' books, as they were called. The second is Pollyanna grows up.

    You can find them on Amazon, by Eleanor Porter.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother