Monday, June 8, 2015

How To Stay Girded Up While In The Wilderness Of Life...


Living From Glory To Glory Blog



Living Our Days In Simplicity...

So many days are filled with hard things.
They may be little things in the grand scheme of things;
But they make you stop and you have to realign and gird up...

Why are we all having to gird up?
The Word speaks about this very thing.

I believe God is teaching us endurance to overcome!

Trials have a way of helping us to have a tough external reaction to
Trials and troubles.

Kind of like a horse or cow, they barely flinch when the
Flies and mosquitoes land on them to feast from their very hid...

And may I remind you this kind of girding up, does not make one insensitive!
But rather able to discern where to use its energy and strength.

Many longed to live the simple life, but we are always in training.
"To endure to the end"

You all know the diligence that is required to even grow a garden;
You know the strength required to keep a home running smoothly.
You know the importance of keeping your husband's heart filled and encouraged!

Why do these trials just keep on coming for so many, you may be asking?

Sometimes plain and simple it is the enemy of your soul,
Like Erckle use to say---- I am wearing you down Baby---

Or it is our Lord and Savior, training and teaching us in the wilderness;
Or on the backside of the mountain....

We are learning to be flexible and not falling apart when trouble comes knocking.

Sometimes you can answer the knock and see who it is and if it is the enemy
Close the door and tell him, I don't talk to snakes, go away in the name of Jesus.

If it is the sweet Lord Jesus, invite Him in and tell Him your every burden!
Wipe your tears away and begin to do what is required of you!

I choose this day to arise and let my enemies be scattered;
But I will study God's Word
 and I will dust my home and sweep the floors
 and encourage you all to do the same simple things!

We get into our heads and hearts we have to be doing huge things or projects;
But to do what is required of you is a powerful strength!

I choose to look for the simple combinations of things in my life and home.
Making a lovely space of a pretty old blue kettle and a lace tablecloth over an old oak chair
 and a clump of lavender can make a bright spot in any room.
 This is called working with what you have. And making all things lovely!

...I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep
that which I have committed unto him against that day.
2Timothy 1:12 KJV

If you will just quickly respond in trust and faith;
God will bring you to this place of peace;

Your response and attitude  determines how long you stay in the wilderness!

Do you know someone who is just very bitter?
But it is the very choice they have made,,,
There is a fruit that is being grown from your very response of life's wilderness
Experiences and Trials!
Responding well is how we grow and gird up according to God's pattern.

Are you going through a trial?
Well rejoice for you are in training to endure to the end...



13 comments:

  1. Such words of wisdom Roxy, I needed them today. I need to "be able to discern where to use my energy and strength"
    It grows more limited as I age, and I become more and more of a turtle:)
    Thank you for your wisdom today.
    Hugs and more hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are so wise, thank you for your courage-filled, Godly message today. It is exactly the kind of encouragement I and many others can use to lift us out of our little worries and fears, and trust in God alone. Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo Roxy! The trials and hard times help us to realize how wonderful the good times are. It would be hard to know joy without sadness. However, I have a couple of friends that seem to have more than their share and one can't help but wonder, why? God has a plan for us all, but we can't see the big picture!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh friend, once again your words have resonated within me. Like Teresa said, it's exactly the kind of encouragement others need....including me!

    Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration - how I appreciate you! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we all seem to have trials throughout our lives, dear Roxy. Thank you for sharing that it's how we endure them that matters and that we are in training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wise advice...to determine where to use my energy and strength.
    I needed to hear this today, Roxy. Thank you.
    Much love.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all in the perspective isn't it. :) May we keep our hearts toward the Lord Jesus. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
    I have come to catch myself in trials and consider what is it I'm supposed to be learning? All for the glory of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such words of wisdom but so easy to forget when in the middle of a trial. I so enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes...simplicity...I love that word. Complicated is not where I like to live my life, although I know our lives can certainly get that way at times. I am so thankful that trusting in the Lord will simplify my days IF I only can let go and give everything to Him...AND not keep taking them back! Love your photo of the old coffee pot vignette you set up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening Roxy,
    Oh yes, I have a trial or two going on so your post resonates with me as well. I also noticed that beautiful lace tablecloth, the blue pitcher and lavender.....yes working with what you have, creating a lovely space! You surely did! Enjoy your bright spot Roxy!
    xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning, Roxy,
    What a wonderful post. Many Words of wisdom.
    I believe everything happens for a reason. We are to learn from our experiences and emerge better than we were.
    When I first got married it was rough. We had great jobs but had more bills than money. We believed that God had put us together and had blessed our marriage... so, we prayed together every day, buckled down and did the right thing. We knew the Lord would see us through. We cancelled the cable and home phone, didn't have the internet or a cell phone, didn't go out to eat, shopped only for necessities and most of all... paid all the bills on time. It took about three years but we recovered with flying colors.
    I can look back and see how God was teaching and molding us. We learned many things about ourselves and each other. I learned that my husband was not only a good man but a great man. He was willing to work extra hard and make sacrifices in order to take care of me. We became a great team. He's my hero and I try to show him every day how much I love him.
    Many years have passed but I often reflect on those times. They taught me the biggest lessons in life... to live within your means, to be grateful and to believe in the Lord with all your heart.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Many blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful post Rox; and so encouraging... as well as heartwarming (I loved the Erkle quote...haha that was great). I feel refreshed already, just thinking about looking for the simple things and making a lovely space of pretties. Those simple tasks bless and refresh me in the most unexpected way. Thanks for sharing. Miss you.
    Love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful words Roxy! Girding ourselves with His strength instead of ours... makes the journey so much easier! I loved how you prettied up the wooden chair and I agree... a little bit of cheer goes a long way! I think the Lord was dealing with both you and me along the very same thoughts on Monday... even though we can't change our circumstances, we can change our attitude about them. Many blessings and hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother