Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Moist Scones Made With Dried Cherries And White Chocolate Chips...


Scones For Valentines Day, Living From Glory To Glory Blog

Scones Made With Dried Cherries And White Chocolate Chips

These are my all time favorite scones!
I have made these for special tea parties and of course just to enjoy,
They bake up quick and they freeze really well also!
I like them because they are light and not real sweet.
And they are just very pretty for a baked good!

Scones are something that always tastes good for a desert or a special occasion.
But if you want a special treat for yourself, you really must try this recipe!
You will love it!

Cherry And White Chocolate Chip Scones


3 cups white unbleached flour
1/2 cup sugar
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
6 tablespoons cold butter
(No substitutes)
1 cup of vanilla flavored yogurt
1/4 of a cup of milk

1/2 cup dried cherries (I like to make my dried cherries into smaller size pieces)
2/3 cup white chocolate chips

In Your bowl. Combine all the dry ingredients, now cut in your COLD butter until your dough has a crumbled texture.
Add your milk and yogurt together; stir into crumbled mixture, just until moistened..
Knead in the cherries and chips.

Now you pat the dough into a circle on a floured surface and now you cut it into slices;
(You can make them large or I like mine in much smaller bite size scones)

Bake on a greased baking sheet at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes for large size scones
But a shorter time for the bite size ones.





16 comments:

  1. Yum those looks good! I love scones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miss Roxy...
    These scones look oh, so very delicious with a touch of elegance! {{smiles}} And what a beautiful mug...how I would love to have tea with you!
    With love and joy!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, sweet friend! It was such a joy to see your comment on my blog the other day...thank you for visiting.

    How are you? I trust you are well. I am so happy to hear you are continuing on in your piano and some day, dear friend, some day I WILL hear you play {{smiles}} You and your loved ones are never far from my thoughts and prayers.

    These scones look wonderful and the perfect little treat to enjoy with a cup of tea. Thank you for sharing.

    Much love and sweet hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Those sound really, really good, Roxy! I love those little special treats we make that just make us smile. Thanks and have a good Wednesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scones look absolutely delicious! I have a question - do you freeze the scones before or after you bake them? If before, do you let them thaw before baking? If after, how do you reheat them?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never made scones but these look wonderfully easy to prepare. I am saving the recipe and making them this week. Just need to snag me some white chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roxy, WOW these scones look so good. What a great recipe. Thank you for sharing. Love the pretty cup too.
    Wishing you a beautiful week and Happy February.
    Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look oh so good! I just happen to have all the ingredients on hand and feel like something not too sweet, must give these a try! Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds and looks incredible! Such a treat!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yum! I'm sure they tasted wonderful. Such a lovely picture of your scones on a pretty plate with your sweet tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look delicious! You have so many pretty tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Roxy and Happy Valentine's Day! I love scones and this recipe looks so good.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking & Crafting with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound amazing!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delicious! The combination of white chocolate chips and the dried fruit sound excellent! Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! I have * FEATURED * this post today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These looks so good Roxy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could have one of these right now.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother