Thursday, September 8, 2016

We Must Learn The Fine Art Of Letting Go...


Letting Go, A Red Bench, Living From Glory To Glory Blog



~Mastering The Art Of Letting Go~


Good Day To You All, I want to address a topic that is so prevalent
in our world today. And it has hit the family like a flood.
We as the parent of raising our children were never taught the topic
Of rejection of one's own children or from the mates they have chosen.

I have seen various examples of this devastation!

We never dreamed we would be rejected or not given the place
Of honor or acceptance in their new lives.

Now I am not talking about the parent being contentious or controlling
Or degrading of the children's relationships or choices.
But rather this very odd turn in their voicing or treatment
of their parents. Demands and controlling the parents' actions
towards their grandchildren and what access they are allowed.

And their odd request is ever changing!

Look, I am all for establishing boundaries in families and relationships!
But this is something different!

It is cruel and controlling and seems to be done from anger and fear.

I have seen so much of this from so many older ladies I have known!

It breaks the hearts of these women to have this happening.
But I also have learned the fine art of mastering the exit!

If we are not wanted or being refused, we must learn to let go and let God!

Fighting these kinds of assaults are not easily done in our own fighting.
We must stop the fighting and whining and let go.

We must carry on and learn to live even if we are being ostracized.
When our children were young we never dreamed they would
not always love and care for us!

Sometimes this happens when they marry someone that does not
approve of us or we do not meet their standards.

If you are experiencing this very thing I am so sorry,
It hurts and causes division!
But if you will just let go and no longer respond and continue to
call and write and visit them. They then have to answer their own 
Whys and How Come!

Look, just because we raised our children in church or homeschooled them
does not mean that still outside forces or a mate that will not want us around!

Stop
Pray for them to have their hearts come home!
Write the grandchildren
Live for what God has still allowed in your life!

If you will trust God and see how He will work it all out!
It may take years, but I believe that once you let go;
They will come around once it is their decision to allow you to
Be a part of their nucleus!






9 comments:

  1. A couple of years ago, I experienced this with my husband's family and my family, not my children but in laws and my brother's family. I realized when my mom and dad were gone that the glue that held us together was gone. God spoke to me and said, "You will not have to fight this battle. The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still." Isaish 40:10??? It has been true. A decision I made to let go and let God. There's no other choice. We can't fix what's broken. Only God can. When the times comes for reconcilation, I'll walk in obedience. Thanks for sharing. Yes, my children don't think I know anything now. Sometimes they are disrespectful.It's a different generation. However, I am blessed that their mates love me and stand in the gap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is another aspect that can be with our own siblings also, especially after the loss of one's parents. I am not sure of all the dynamics, but it still hurts and we cannot allow it to immobilize us! When your in-laws become outlaws it is so sad! Some relationships just are toxic!
    But we are to love and be civil and yet not expect so much it becomes then a false expectation and then we suffer! I always tell myself LOVE covers a multitude of sin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the end days people will be lovers of pleasure and lovers of self...

    A sad situation indeed, it leaves an empty space only Jesus can fill.

    Many of us are learning to "master the art of the exit" as we learn to "be still and know that He is God", rather than fight these battles in the flesh.

    Have a blessed day my friend, and may His peace fill your heart.

    A friend in Virginia

    ReplyDelete

  4. In the end days people will be lovers of pleasure and lovers of self...

    A sad situation indeed, it leaves an empty space only Jesus can fill.

    Many of us are learning to "master the art of the exit" as we learn to "be still and know that He is God", rather than fight these battles in the flesh.

    Have a blessed day my friend, and may His peace fill your heart.

    A friend in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful message Roxy. Thankfully I have not experience this firsthand with our children, but have with hubby's family-one sister cut off all ties for three years because of a disagreement with my hubby. She tolerates me only. So sad, but it is up to the Father to deal with those who purposely would reject and hurt us. Our role is simply to continue to love and pray for them.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Roxy I am hearing from people I know, from personal vists, emails and phone! My husband says it is a national plague! I have enough information to make a video on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are experiencing this in our family also. Am reminded that the bible predicted this would happen in the last days. Doesn't make it any easier though.
    Now is the time to pray for those who hurt us, pray the Lord's will be done, then trust him for restoration and obey his word.

    Lord, help us not to curse, rehearse or nurse the pain, but trust you to reverse it.

    I have observed that Satan strikes the hardest when we are tired, hungry or let our thoughts wonder. So I have overcome these by focused work, good nutrition,prayer, God's Word and plenty of sleep.
    Remember Philipians 4:8. Finally brothers,(and sisters), whatever is true,noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable,if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.

    Thank you for sharing and posting Roxy. May the Lord bless you and your family.
    Janet Westrup

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is heartbreaking when families, especially fall into this type of a situation. I have witnessed it happening somewhat with some of my hubby's extended family but am so blessed to be able to say that among me and my 7 siblings, we cannot relate to it...which is a GOOD thing! I think there is more of this type of thing in the younger off-springs though....it's a different world for sure! So many people today are so quick to take offense, but God knew this would happen, as His Word clearly states. Jesus, come quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Roxy...it is heartbreaking that this is happening. But sadly it is! I agree with what you have shared...to let go and let GOD!

    Thank you for sharing such a powerful post...

    mari

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother