Thursday, June 28, 2018

How To Get Back Your Green Padlock SECURE Symbol Back On Your Blog...


How To Fix Your Blog To Get Back The Green Padlock, Living From Glory To Glory Blog



Is Your Blog showing NOT SECURE

Is there a circle with and Exclamation Point ! in the middle of it,
Before your Blogs name in the Address Box ??

Well, You need to try to find out why!!!

Google has changed a few things as I am sure Blogger has also;
The World Wide Web is always changing;
Threats loom out there!

But I want to share a few things you can try to fix it yourself!
But, You still may need some real technical support.
Here are a few things to try for yourself first!

After all Blogging is not for Dummies!

1. Go to your DASHBOARD and hit SETTINGS
Under the Basics you will see, Basics, Publishing, Then
HTTPS Redirect,( If it says NO Click the Arrow and hit YES)

Hopefully this will give you back the Green Padlock that is a must.

2. Also I found this amazing site you can enter your Blog address into;
And it will give you any errors that might be in your HTML or another problem source.
It is a tool called---- Why No Padlock
Google this and give it a try!

Mixed contents is no longer being given the Green Padlock!

Blogger: How to display a Cookie Banner/notice
3. Also you will need to add the I use COOKIE NOTICE
You can Google this site for a free one;
Support. pigdig  // Blogger Cookie Notice 
Just submit...

I did not put direct links to these sites on my blog as it can cause problems also!

I hope this may help a few of you Bloggers!
It was so hard to figure out all that was causing this prompt A circle With this!

I was just stumped, I managed to figure out most of it, but still needed
some support from a wonderful man that was a God send!
Thanks Jon !!!

I am now planning on trying to write something on a fun and easy subject!
I was thinking about starting a NEW BLOG...

~Still Thinking~

Do You Still ENJOY Reading THIS Blog???

As Always, Love Going Out To You All...
Roxy



16 comments:

  1. I will go now and make sure mine is set up securely...thanks for the great info! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this helpful blog information Roxy. I enjoy reading this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a blog, but I enjoy yours very much. You are encouraging and very down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog Roxy. I still say you should write a book. Thank you for the tip on having a secure blog. Google Blogger has made so many changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your help! I appreciate it, and I appreciate this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Mine is insecure! I will ask hubby to help tonight. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roxy! Im just one who enjoys reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I clicked the button. It showed a lock then changed to an I. I'll have to get my hubby to help. Thanks for letting me know. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, my blog didn't have the green padlock, I was able to get it back with your information!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is important to change over to HTTPS. Pretty easy to do in Settings. If you find your blog isn't secure, it means you have mixed content on your blog. That means some of your blog widgets, photos, signature etc. could be using HTTP. They need to match up, so your site can be secure. Also if you live in the US, there is a no need to add a cookie notice. Blogger has already included one in your blogs for people who reside in the EU.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this info Roxy. I fixed my blog! Glad our blogger friends help us out on these things! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! Thank you for helping us out.
    Now I have to figure it out and follow your instructions.
    ( I think I need a third grader- haha)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy your blog, Roxy! I managed to fix mine a few weeks ago but it was irritating, to say the least. If Google would just leave things alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I fixed this today using your help Roxy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for this! I was able to fix my blog. I am so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother