Monday, April 14, 2014

Beauty Marks Or Age Spots...

 



Looking down and seeing my hands has been an indicator of lately.
What exactly is it an indicator of?

I have used these hands for many things!
I think as a woman of God, my hands are symbolic of my heart!
What has been in my heart has been many times worked out with my hands.

I had my hand held by my Hubby many moons ago!
We exchanged these vows;

Groom: I,____, take thee,_____, to my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

Bride: I,_____, take thee,_____, to my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.


I think my hands have trembled a time or two, I have held the
hands of my children and grandchildren!
I have laid these hands over a fevered brow.

I have used my hands and folded them to pray!
My hands have held the hands of a dying Mother and Father.

My hands have been idle by my side a time or two!

My hands have sewn  a bridle veil,
 An a baby blanket bundling a newborn in.

I have used these hands to fold clothes of so many loads of laundry.
I have kneaded and made batches of fresh bread.
These hands have mixed a batch of cookies to eat and savor.
These hands have washed more dishes than I could count!

My hands are His instruments to love and to build and create!
My hands are worn to a soft and tender touch.

I have looked down and said my hands look just like my Mothers!

I have made this statement
 these hands now have beauty marks upon them;
The world calls them age spots, I choose to call them 
Beauty spots...


When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.

Peter Marshall


13 comments:

  1. Oh, perfect.
    Beauty Spots, that's what I'm going to call them from now on.
    So much more positive and oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- Yes- Beauty spots and life spots....our hands are pressed to many acts of love, aren't they? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hands are such a blessing aren't they? And the thousands of things they are capable of doing, creating, hold, etc. is incomprehensible. Love this touching post...:) Have a blessed evening...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they are definitely beauty spots. You've just have beauty from the inside out. And, when I am blessed with mine, I will wear them with honor too.

    This was such a lovely post. I love all the inspirational and uplifting words you have to share.

    What a wonderful Blessing you are to not only me, but many other ladies out there.

    In God's Grace,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of calling them beauty spots. Yes, it is much nicer to think of them that way. I see my Mom and my Dad's hands when I look at my hands. They are truly an indicator of who we are, where we came from and what we have been a part of.
    love and blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Roxy, another lovely and touching post, my friend! Using our hands for our Lord truly is an honor and a blessing and yes, they are truly beautiful!

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might turn into a diamond before long if this pressure keeps up!!! The Lord never gives us more than we can handle which is such a comfort:)

    Our hands tell our stories and what stories they are.

    Blessings:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made me look at my hands in a totally different way. I will now think of them as beauty spots that tell a story

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty spots...I like that. You have lovely hands that have been busy doing lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Roxy, I so loved this post. I am getting a few "beauty marks" too as I am aging. :) I used to sit on the couch with both my mom and grandpa and hold their hands for hours it seemed, as we watched television or listened to the stereo. I have the images of their hands engraved upon my heart.

    Now I see them again as I look down at my own hands, the same lines, the same arthritic curve to my fingers, the same age spots. What a lovely gift from our heavenly father! I too love the fact that my hands tell a story. What a beautiful post Roxy! With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post and lovely way to think of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Roxy. How could I have missed it the first time around? I recall reading a post by a 'notable fashion blogger' on creams to fade age spots on the hands, and other strategies to keep our hands looking young. Turning back the clock was mentioned several times. I just felt sad, and said so, unsubscribing from the blog at the same time. Our hands give us so much in life...so many human moments and human pleasures. How could we see age spots as anything but a badge of honour? Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother