Thursday, February 16, 2017

I Never Promised You A Rose Garden, How To Disagree And NOT Fight...

 
How To Disagree And Not Fight, Living from glory to glory blog...


I Never Promised You A Rose Garden

Marriage and a bed of Roses...

A Good marriage takes work!

Anything worthwhile takes work!
If you want a bed of roses to lie down in, then you must start
with some very strong manure!
Be careful of how fresh it is because it will burn your seedlings or
kill a new plant!

I realize it is not really time to plant roses, but it is time to
think about what state your marriage soil is in!

I sometimes get irritated when we think love is something that just happens.
It may just be infatuation or just plain lust of the flesh.

Real love and marriage has many trials and errors.
Do you know why God tells us to have an older woman
in our lives that has the experience of being a Godly wife?

BECAUSE we have to LEARN how to Love our husbands!

We are all going to have fights once in awhile,
And when you first get married it is a bit rough for many couples.

Fighting Fair

Conflicts will happen in every marriage----

Women are notorious for wanting to have the last word.

[Love] is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no records of wrongs.
1 Corinthians 13:5

How To Disagree and NOT Fight

Answer this Question...
Can you get angry without getting destructive?
(Your words, your attitude, your actions)?

Stick to the problem or point
Don't drag the past records of wrongs into your disagreement.

Allow your spouse to respond and make your statement
then they can respond back.
(No hands on your hips)

Don't allow your feelings to rule,
But state the facts!
(Men need facts)

Take the first move to ask for forgiveness and make an apology!

Love is not rude...

Lord, give me wisdom to be a Godly wife; and to do the hard work;
So one day we will have the soil prepared for a bed of Roses.

Remember making up is so much better!

Do You have some of your own words of wisdom for dealing
with conflict in your marriage, please share!!


Even in our marriages, we must be;
Living From Glory To Glory
















6 comments:

  1. Yep- Marriage takes a LOT of work and it is NOT a 50/50 deal. It means giving 100% and sometimes when the partner can only give 75% it means giving 125%. Not always an easy task but one that you have to just bear sometimes.
    Good post, Roxy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is not rude. That says it all. When there are disagreements rudeness always rears it's ugly head. We need to rein in our tongues and consider our words very carefully before we speak. For me I have learned that indeed the tone of our voice is of great importance. Are we a soft answer to our husbands?
    Proverbs 15:1-2 "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so blessed in the husband I have. I can honestly say that in almost 39 years of marriage he has never raised his voice to me. The advice you've given today is very good.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words Roxy, I absolutely agree. A good marriage also takes prayer. Pray for your husband and God can mellow your man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well here I am reading another post. Good stuff here. I had to read it because of the title...you remember Lynn Anderson singing the song? Well my uncle was losing his hearing and he was singing "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a raise, Gordon." Needless to say, it caused a few arguments between him and my aunt. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I wish for to subscribe for this
    webpage to take newest updates, so where can i do it please help.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother