Monday, January 9, 2017

A Lady, Appreciate The Feminine Side Of Womanhood...



This was a lovely charcoal sketch I found on one of my travels!

It seemed to be saying how lovely a woman really is.
We live in a world where we no longer appreciate the feminine side of womanhood!

I believe this picture was of a lady thinking and pondering on
many ideas and thoughts. 
She was getting ready to dress for the day!
Did she just throw on a pair of sweats and call it good?

For some reason I doubt that would be the situation.

Years ago ladies wore a full slip under their dresses or there skirt and tops.
And while getting their hair and make-up on they would sit at their vanities.
Sometimes they would wear a housecoat over their full slip!

The curves and the outline of this sketch is so lady like.


I still can't help but feel that it is the way a lady may dress that
can appear to make the world a tough place.

Soft and lady like, not built to last like a tank!

Pretty tops and skirts or flowing pants!
Warm and cozy yet a touch of femininity

Even wearing a necklace or a pretty bracelet is very pretty!

I live in the country and I can wear a flannel shirt and
A pair of blue jeans with a clip in my hair and still look soft and feminine.

The way you dress each day is for YOU!!

Looking neat and having your top and bottoms match.
Having a nice pair of black sweat pants, can be very pretty.
Finding longer shirts to cover the derriere, is very appropriate.
A comfy sweater with a scarf is nice.

Look, I do not have rules of what to wear...
I just see that the world is leaning to the far side of no distinction.

When I shop anymore, I always give thought to how this will look on me!

Find a few colors that look good on you!
Ask a friend what colors are your colors.
I am sure you have heard from others say something like;
"That color is your color"

A lady can look good in flannel shirts or flowers;
It's really just giving thought to what you're wearing!

( I just wanted to share this memory, when we were just married,
we did not have a lot of money, but I shopped at a second hand store.
I looked like I spent a lot on my clothes; I did NOT.
I looked at the dollar rack first!"

I also learned to hem and iron my clothes to look fitted;
I replaced buttons and got stains out!

I worked all day on cutting off some old skirts and putting in a new hem.
They were a longer style and they were too long and bulky.
So now they look way better and just cost me my time.


Take care of yourselves dear ones!
Your health is your wealth!
Take care of how you appear!
Clean and fresh and like a girl...

Blessings to you all!!

15 comments:

  1. Amen let everything we do be done to the glory of our Lord.
    Blessings of our Lord in 2017, till He comes, Roxy!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one thing I am vigilant about. I never look sloppy. Would you believe I have never owned a pair of sweat pants or a sweat suit? lol I feel better in skirts/dresses/sweaters than I do in pants. Just me..a dinosaur in the modern world. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a very well worded post. I agree with all that you say. We are feminine and I think that is being lost in today's "fashions."
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good reminder for some and a teachable moment for others.

    When I get dressed in the morning, I try extra hard to look feminine. My hair, jewelry, even my shoes. I want to look womanly and feminine, not masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right, it's very important to be dress feminine and be neat and clean. You make me realize that I can easily add earrings and a necklace to my outfit - no extra cost- I already have plently of jewelry. Thank you, yet again, for your encouragement.
    -Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reminding us how blessed we are to be ladies. We should always dress as such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was not that long ago women dressed up even at home.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree! My husband has never cared for the masculine look that many women like to wear. I always try to be mindful of that when I shop. I've been known to sport pearls when I wear jeans and flannel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I totally agree! I love being a woman and love pretty things and to be feminine! :) We can accessorize just enough to make us lovely without being vain or drawing too much attention to ourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very much yes! The world is leaning to the path of no distinction and we much more and more strive to add touches of femininity. I love the effort you make to give those special touches to not only your appearance but also to your words. Thank you for your example!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for a lovely post. At work I am the only woman that wears skirts and dresses instead of jeans and trainers. I treasure your encouragement. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Roxy, I do all of these things when I go shopping and I do go to consignment stores. I remember a few years ago I wanted to go to the ladies dept. I got there looked around and thought this must be a mistake all of these clothes are athletic? It was the young womans dept in a dept. store and you could not tell the difference from the men's dept. I didn't buy anything there. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you Roxy. The lines of distinction between men and women has faded, and a terrible loss it has been. Also, the concept of privacy and keeping a discreet appearance has been lost too. Rather than letting "it all hang out", keeping it covered is much much better to do. I find that wearing clothes one size larger is far better than tight clothing, and more comfortable too, and dressing up is so much fun, even around the home, it helps in how you feel about yourself. Always enjoy your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for making this a pleasant subject even though many think it strange to dress like a lady.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.

    When I look at your website in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has
    some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, very good blog!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother