Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Why I love To Wash Dishes In My Own Kitchen...


A Clean Sink, Living From Glory To Glory Blog...


I So Enjoy Washing My Dishes...


Call Me Crazy
But I just find washing my dish's so calming;
I have a dishwasher and I use it,
But what I so enjoy is taking a sink filled with dirty dishes;
And watching the fresh hot water mixed with soap bubbles do its work.

Life is just filled with troubles!
So much dirty work to be done around the home.
But I find great satisfaction in things becoming clean.

But I think the thing I enjoy the most is the soothing hot water!
A soapy sponge and the rhythm of wash and rinse.

I find myself just praying and thanking God for his provisions.

Sometimes it is the simple daily household chores that can bring peace.
It is a chore that can be done without having to think;
It's a job that has been done for centuries.
I for one really always try to get the kitchen clean and tidy every night.

I think over the years I have actually washed my cares, right down the drain!

Soap and hot water has made such a difference in the world.
I mean this, because before we knew the value of sanitation.
Many people died of diseases!

My Mother use to say it cost very little to be clean!
This should encompass  all things;
 Cleansing our bodies and washing our hair!
 Our homes will shine if we will just use a little soap and elbow grease.

But the sweet part about all this is that it should be enjoyable!


Dish Washing, Living From Glory To Glory Blog...

Another day has come and gone!
My dishes are clean and ready for the next day's work!

We can say the kitchen is the heart of the home...

Take the time to enjoy washing and rinsing and giving thanks.

Good Night

Love, Living From Glory To Glory

15 comments:

  1. I am the same way. The kitchen has to be clean before I can go to bed. The thought of waking up to a mess in the kitchen is very unsettling to me. Thanks for the post Roxy. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had a view out my window like it looks like you have I wouldn't mind either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like washing dishes too Roxy. I dont have a dishwasher and dont miss having one. Grandma and I washed dishes together when I was young and it was a good time having her all to myself and chatting about things of the day.
    I love the view out your pretty window......Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Roxy...there is just something satisfying about standing in the middle of a clean kitchen! I love having a clean stove, counter tops, butcher block, and kitchen table top!! Wiping everything down does make you feel good all over...even seeing the fridge door having the fingerprints wiped clean!! What is the old saying? Cleanliness is next to Godliness....I don't know what that means exactly...but it does feel nice...Great post, my friend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved to wash dishes in my last house. We are in a rental now and I face a very boring blank wall...so I let the dishwasher do the job for me. But---I did love washing them and wiping the counters down so that everything looked and smelled clean! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely, I love washing dishes by hand too, there's is something very calming and relaxing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ASI ES ROXY, ME ENCANTA LAVAR LA VAJILLA A MANO, NO TENGO LAVAPLATOS, ASI QUE ME DA PLACER HACER ESTE TRABAJO, NO ME ACUESTO A DORMIR POR LA NOCHE SIN QUE ESTE LA COCINA LIMPIA Y RELUCIENTE, SOMOS 8 DE FAMILIA YO, MI ESPOSO Y MIS 6 HIJOS, ASI QUE HAY BASTANTE PLATOS, CUBIERTOS Y DEMAS QUE LAVAR, AMO SER AMA DE CASA, LIMPIAR, ORDENAR, LAVAR ROPA, COCINAR, COSER, TEJER, BORDAR, COSAS QUE YA SE HAN PERDIDO UN POCO, SOY UNA AMA DE CASA CRISTIANA ANTIGUA, ACABO DE CUMPLIR 59 AÑOS Y ME SIENTO BENDECIDA CON EL HOGAR Y LA FAMILIA QUE DIOS ME DIO, HACE 40 AÑOS QUE ESTOY CASADA CON MI AMADO ESPOSO Y TENEMOS 12 HIJOS Y 10 NIETOS. TENGO UN BLOG QUE RECIEN EMPIEZA, HAY QUE HACERLE AJUSTES Y MAS PUBLICACIONES, ESPERO QUE TENGA TIEMPO PARA DETENERSE Y LEER ALGO. BENDICIONES DESDE BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love washing dishes too. I like to looking out my kitchen window while do the dishes and see a road runner or a rabbit scampering by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that so many of us enjoy washing dishes. I even love doing laundry!
    PS; I have the same little yellow birdie that you have on your window sill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it makes all the difference in the world if you have a window. You already know that I love this post since "the kitchen sink" has many special memories for me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Roxy,I feel a sense of peace and contentment washing my dishes also. Even more so in the winter. The hot water warms me all over and keeps the chill away for awhile afterwards .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think we're all in agreement Roxy. I don't have a dishwasher. My brother when visiting came into kitchen all ready to load it.. surprised we then did them together. It's an old world togetherness too as well as where I've memorized scripture pasted on bottom of windows to help me and of course prayer.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, Roxy. Yes water is so therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you, Roxy.
    We have a dishwasher as well but I have gone to washing by hand because of the quiet time it affords.
    My kitchen window looks out to our creek and around supper time when I am coming there is perfect lighting on that creek, especially in the summer months.
    The joys of homemaking...all so lovely aren't they?

    God bless you~

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother