Thursday, January 14, 2021

Social Media Or Finding Better Things To Do With Your Time...

 Living From Glory To Glory Blog...


It is so much better for your heart and HOME,

To do something beautiful and productive.

Warning: If you spend to much time on your phone,

Or computer you just may wind up being unaware

 of what's really going on in your life...


I have had the sudden urge to throw my phone across the room;

For no apparent reason other then its a distraction.

Yet, we are looking at it at all times, all day long!

You can't even leave it in another room!

Most people carry it in their back pocket!

What we can do on our phones is ridiculous

We can watch movies, watch YouTube videos, we can write Emails

send messages, send quick texts!

Listen to music,

Twitter accounts, Facebook...

We receive pictures and calls through these devices.

But, suddenly they have become the instrument of censorship!

They know who you know

They know what you watch and listen to!

They have a trail of everything!

They have decided what is expectable...

For not only you but us as a nation!

Freedom of speech is no longer free;

It will cost you something!

Let's face it...

We got a huge problem!


I have heard so many people being kicked of every platform.

We know have Facebook jail;

Our phones were suppose to be a device to communicate.

Not spy on us and take away our right to listen to someone;

We might even find a personal picture taken off our phones!

Who is storing what???

Social Media is it a friend or foe???

Can we overcome our addiction to fake news and propaganda?

I doubt it...

It's on the internet, so it must be true!

Use your head and be careful in the day the earth stood still

Living From Glory To Glory


4 comments:

  1. Amen! You are a wise woman Mrs. Roxy. I LOVE learning from women like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with every word you've written. I've made a concious decision to only check blogs in the morning and just before bed. No getting on the media during the day, unless it's an emergency from one of my kids. (FYI, they live all over the world and we send each other messages free from WhatsApp. Also texts, because I send out the prayer requests for our church.) That doesn't happen daily though, so my time online is limited.
    Take this morning for example. I woke up, dressed, walked the dog, came back and cleaned. Scrubbed bathrooms, dusted, vacuumed, dishes and started laundry. I'm just now checking blogs. After doing so, the laptop will be put away until I make my own post late tonight, after Hubby is in bed so I'm not taking time away from him.
    I'm sure I'm being watched because of my Christian views and the groups I'm on in Facebook, i.e. prayer groups, Christian Headcovering, etc., but that's fine. If they delete me, that's fine too. I'm not going to stop speaking up for the Bible and the LORD. If that makes me a threat, so be it.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've sure hit the "nail on the head" with this Roxy! I am at the point where I have considered coming off altogether, but sadly if I did that, I would lose touch with my family and dear friends far away.
    I believe we must learn to be much better at "turning off" the messages that are coming at us from every direction and reclaim the peace that is available in our own homes if we only put down the phones, computers, etc.
    God Bless,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true Roxy.. a Christlike walk will have the right focus.. a servant's heart. Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother