Friday, October 18, 2019

The Benefits Of Cooking in Cast Iron Pans And Skillets...

Cast Iron Frying Skillet, Living From Glory To Glory Blog...

Cast Iron Pans, and Skillets

Personally, I think cooking fried potatoes and hamburgers in cast iron
Is possible the best way ever!
Crunchy outside and moist and tender inside!

When we were little when someone seemed low in iron,
We would get a meal cooked completely in a cast iron skillet!
Yes, Using cast iron cooking pans and skillets will add
Significant amounts of iron into your food and to your body!

They are better then nonstick pans that have that coating on them!
They will last for your lifetime if taken care of!
You can use them on the stovetop and in the oven!
Super easy to clean,
" I do not use soap, but a sponge and hot water"
I always put a coating of oil on mine after each use!

They also just look so wonderful sitting up on your stove!
They say to me Home Cooking...
And a bit of Country Style!

Cast Iron Skillet, Living From Glory To Glory Blog...


The food just tastes better to me!
And remember, every time you use it to cook your foods
You are getting a dose of iron!
Once you cook something in it if you need to keep it warm;
Just pop it in the oven on low to keep the foods warm till supper time!

How To Season Your Pans and Skillets

You can season your cast iron cooking ware by washing them off.
Then rub them with a solid or melted vegetable oil.
Rub it on the inside and exterior.
Bake in the oven for one hour on 350 degrees.
I would place a piece of aluminum foil under the lower rack,
To catch any drippings!


 You can also season your pan by heat it up on the stove top until it's smoking hot,
 Then rub a little oil into it and let it cool.
I just use a little bit of paper towel to rub the oil onto the skillet
 Repeat this process a few times and you're good to go.
It is a good habit to clean it after each use...

You can use cast iron for frying, roasting, sauteing, and grilling.
There are so many shapes, skillets, Dutch oven style, a griddle for pancakes.

Cast iron cookware is very affordable and will last a lifetime!


If you see any rust forming, just scrub it off and reseason the pan!

Start your own heirloom set of cast iron cooking ware.

You can purchase one piece at a time or a whole set!
You can even find some of these pans at garage sales or while thrift shopping.
Keep your eyes peeled for them!

If you have never used cast iron for your cooking I hope you will
Give it a try and see if it's not really an asset to your cooking.

As always learning and growing and sharing!
Living From Glory To Glory Blog...



13 comments:

  1. Thank you Roxy. I have a couple of cast iron skillets and cast iron grated skillets and embarrassed to say I hardly use them. I guess maybe they seem hard to take care of. I'm going to get them out, reseason them and start using them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of skillets and a griddle that I use often. The only drawback to them is their weight with my back issues. Sometimes it's difficult to lift them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my cast iron cookware! It's heavy, but solid and dependable. I was just given a cast iron dutch oven for my birthday and it's fantastic as well. Good to know that it also adds to our health in the form a iron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE using my cast iron skillets! They get used several times during the week. I have a skillet set that's 3 different sizes. I need to invest in a cast iron Dutch oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved using my cast iron pans. I have always had gas stoves until we moved to this place. It has a glass top electric stove and I do not like it at all and don't use my cast iron on it at all. Have a wonderful weekend, dear Roxy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand your life long love of cast iron skillets or any such items, Roxy, as they do cook beautifully.
    However the Lord made my hands not very strong and arthritic so I’m not able to carry their weight. Wouldn’t stop me appreciating the cooking though! 😁
    I’ve just written another post, on God’s words view on climate change.. Lord leapt verses out at me, brought other info along at same time, initially not searched for by me, just came across it, and lo! it was written. His ways are past finding out. Lord never ceases to amaze me.
    Lord bless Roxy,
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm almost embarrassed to say, I don't use cast iron, a lot.
    What's piece do you use the most, and what size?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use cast iron all the time. Even used them on a glass top electric stove, and they worked fine. I've read it's best not to do acid foods in them, like tomatoes. Anyone else heard this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my cast iron skillets...have them in all sizes, one of them being my mom's. Love seeing them hanging on the walls...even going to hang a couple on the walls of our RV which we are currently living in now as we wait for our farmhouse to be built! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cooking a roast in my cast iron dutch oven is the best!! Our neighbor from the neighborhood where we grew up gave it to me when I got married. She used it when she first got married. Lu was in her 70's when she gifted the pan to me. I cherish it! Good post, Roxy.
    Love you.
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my cast iron pans and pots.. They are just so incredibly heavy for me with my RA but I still love using them and I agree, the food does taste better..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do we have to season them every time we use them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, No you do not have to season them every time after you use them, but rather just after you wash them without soap just use a paper towel with a little olive oil or shortening and wipe them out!

      Delete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother