Saturday, August 11, 2018

Learn How To Do Something Each Day That Makes Tomorrow Special...

Fruits Of Our Labor, Living from Glory To Glory Blog...


Keeping Your Eyes On The Prize

We all know that to be able to enjoy the fruits of one's labor,
We must persevere and to keep watering and tending the soil.

The peaches this year have been so very delicious!
They are sweet and juicy and down right mouth watering!
To eat one without a napkin in hand is unheard of!

One of my grandsons called them fuzzy apples, (smiles)

It is always a great joy to have a harvest of something good and satisfying.

Are you learning to enjoy?

To close our eyes and enjoy the little things...

We are encouraged to be a sweet smelling aroma!
Stinky rotten fruit, covered with fruit flies is so unappetizing,

that is why we need to enjoy each thing as they come mature and ripe.
Even knowing when it is time to harvest and put back.
Freezing and canning;
so you can enjoy the bounty in the season of lack.

Even just a few small pints or freezer bags can be enjoyed of
the delicious fruits of summer.

I have noticed a bit of fall in the air!
It reminded me that everything marches on...

But the true point of this letter today is this:

Keep your eyes on the prize, do not allow the hustle and roar
Of this world rob you of the sweetness of this day.

Keep calm and carry on!

Do something each day that makes tomorrow special!

Life is but a peach, when you take time to pick it when it's time!
For Everything Has A Season...

Blessings, Roxy

13 comments:

  1. The peaches I have had this summer have been so good. There is not one touch of fall in the air here, but I am making the best of hot August by working inside. I had a long list of things I needed to get done inside so I have been a busy bee this past week. Hoping for another productive week...eye on the prize:)
    The older I get the less I want to go go go anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like our hearts were in the same place today my friend. Our blogs sound the same message.
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post for the coming winter. We can be as happy in winter as in summer if we can set our minds to it and also continue doing things that make tomorrow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the peaches have been wonderful this year. Oh so, sweet! I wish I had had some to freeze and enjoy in the "season of lack." Beautifully written and thought provoking. I will think on these things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post Roxy! I haven't bought any peaches yet. There's a local stand down the road from us that sells yummy ones every year. They were not open when I went by this morning. Hoping to get some Monday. A dear friend gave me a bag of blackberries from her garden this morning. I will savor them!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Peach Cobbler was delicious but I must confess I used canned peaches! :-) I would love to have homemade peach ice cream. That was a special part of my childhood and my mom always used fresh peaches. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ate a very delicious, juicy peach yesterday. I wish I had learned to can when I was young but had no desire to do it back then. I don't think I am too old to learn, do you? Beautiful post, Roxy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the reminder to not let the bustle of the world rob us of the joy of today. There is a time for everything. :) I can just imagine the joy of having a real tree ripened peach! Here we get the ones that have been picked green and gassed to change colour. One of the things with living so far from fruit trees. Some people are blessed with having apple trees up here, but it's rare. I do love peaches...but buy mine frozen. So glad you can enjoy this sweetness fresh!
    Praying you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Roxy, thankyou for your letter today - I needed it. Clare

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely post Roxy. I planted a postage stamp orchard and vineyard last Spring. Our baby trees weren't big enough to put out much fruit yet. I'm encouraged that next year there will be fruit for my family as I continue to feed, water, prune and care for those little trees just like our heavenly Father cares for us.
    Janet Westrup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Our peaches make our kitchen smell so yummy as they are ripening. We've shared with friends and family, and I just made some jam! Isn't our homegrown fruit a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a lovely post. Those peaches looks just delicious. I don't have any peach tree's here on our property in SC so I go to our local farmers market and buy the ones called "Kitchen sinkers".. LOL Meaning, you have to eat them over the kitchen sink because they are just incredibly juicy. I plan on buying many more and canning them for winter time. Just loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this
    fantastic blog! I guess for now i'll settle for bookmarking
    and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

    I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about
    this website with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother