Friday, February 15, 2019

Do You Hold Grudges...


Do You Hold Grudges? Living from glory to glory blog...


You better learn to be a bit like Mary Poppins;
~ Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down ~


Holding a Grudge or Choosing to Forgive...

Do You Hold Grudges?

What happens when you hold a grudge against someone?

When you hold a grudge bad things happen to you mentally and physically.
Holding a grudge is really un-forgiveness.

Here are a couple of examples of how holding a grudge really works;

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to get sick.
Holding a grudge is a bit like lighting ourselves on fire and expecting the other
Person to die from smoke inhalations.

When you read this it all sounds pretty stupid!

Why do people hold grudges?
Self preservation!
Wanting to be right!
To prove a point!
To retaliate from a hurt they were subject to!

Holding a grudge will only hurt yourself you mught think
But actually it hurts the whole dynamics in a family
Also in the church, and in the work place.

A grudge turns into anger, then bitterness!
Hate, then death of life and joy and kindness.

So many turn into vindictive people once they are hurt
And then decide not to forgive and to hold a grudge.
It's a form of control!

"I'll get you my pretty"
The witch told this to Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz

I get it...
We have all been hurt somewhere by someone.
It happens in families in marriages
But, holding a grudge is toxic!
Forgiving someone does not mean you now have to hang out with them!
And it does not mean you have to allow them in your life.
But you need to forgive and to be civil and respectful.
To be at peace as much as is possible.

Holding a grudge will make life unbearable for yourself and everyone
Around you, as you will be a form of an angry person.
Like in the movie, Toy Story
 Mrs Potato Head said to Mr Potato Head
I packed your angry eyes for you...

We have all seen the effect of knowing when someone is holding a grudge.
After all it truly is a heart condition!
You can either have a healthy heart or one heavy laden.

Sending a big hello to you all!

Life is either like a bowl full of cherries
Or
A chair filled with bowls.

You do have a choice!

Always, Living From Glory To Glory





8 comments:

  1. I do try very hard not to hold grudges because I realized a long time ago that it was really unforgiveness in disguise. But, I also learned the hard way that I did not put myself back in a position to be hurt by the same people over and over again. I think sometimes people equate forgiveness with being a punching bag and I don’t believe that’s what it is. But, as you said you can still be respectful and kind to the other person without jeopardizing yourself. We should always show Gods love to everyone, even people who have hurt us in some way. I wonder if what I just wrote made any sense at all? Thank you for these wise words today.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to hold grudges because they can eat me up--but there are a couple of things that I have had a hard time 'letting go of'. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Roxy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a grudge turns into bitterness Roxy and God's word speaks strongly against it.
    We need to walk as Jesus walked. Father forgive them for they know not what they do.
    I love these verses in Hebrews.
    Hebrews 12:14-15
    Follow peace with all men , and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
    Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you , and thereby many be defiled;
    Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! Roxy, this is so good! so so true, forgiveness is our choice alone. I choose the bowl of cherries.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. "But, holding a grudge is toxic!" That hits the nail on the head...'nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned that it's me feels better after I forgive. Half the time the other person didn't even realize that I was upset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful words Roxy... I always think about how Jesus said we must forgive 70 x 7, and I gasp in my heart at that thought, but just as you said, the unforgiveness cannot stay in us, it wreaks such havoc, that the only way to be free from the poison of unforgiveness is to forgive. His grace and mercy extend to us to help us do it. Beautiful words sweet friend! Blessings to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Roxy,
    I try not to hold a grudge but always good to be reminded!

    Thank you for your visit to my blog and yes you may pin away!

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother