Sunday, December 8, 2019

Do You Have A Happy Home...

Happy Home, Living From Glory To glory Blog...



Home...

Sometimes we can become so overwhelmed with life...

That is why it is so important to make a place where we can rest and keep;
Ourselves and our loved ones safe and happy!

Have you ever experienced this;
When out driving in the evenings after it has gotten dark, and as you drive past,
Many homes, I can almost feel which homes are Happy Homes...

They have a special look or a warmth that just permeates the darkness!

Everything takes work, but some types of work just bring a
Greater JOY...

I know some people do not celebrate Christmas, but I do!
There are some things we can do with our family's  that just keeps
Their hearts at HOME

We always try to gather here in Grandmas Home to eat,
And enjoy a Sunday dinner!

We always try to have the Christmas Eve dinner here also!

I love all the twinkle lights all year round;
I always keep a strand that is at the bottom of our mantel.

I believe there is magic in a woman's heart that desires to do
All the little and big things that make their homes special!

And cozy and warm and comfortable and filled with a gentle, quiet in your heart!

I believe winter is the time of year we can rest and recover!
It gets dark out so early and we can enjoy the quiet of the evenings.

In the years long ago, it was good to get a good night's rest!

I can't control the world, but I can at least monitor my home!

When we learn to enjoy the little things and desire;
To live in a way that allows time to enjoy your food!
Enjoy the moments to read the Word.
Calling a friend or mailing a letter to encourage!
Move slower and enjoy the aroma of the love of HOME...

I love having the Hope and Joy and Peace that comes from being content!
Beware of watching all the commercials that tell us how bad we need it!

I must say I so enjoy those Hallmark commercials;
Someone always starts tearing up.

May I encourage you all to stop and enjoy the little things in life!
Learn to stay away from things and people that want to push your buttons;
As we must stay in peace, I use to say this'
Do you want to keep the peace or do you want to be right?

Please remember the reason for the season!

Blessings Dear Friends
Roxy




8 comments:

  1. We celebrated Thanksgiving and opening gifts together with our family when all of our children were home last week. Oh how we enjoyed those moments as they are so rare. In fact 16 years since we were all together for a holiday, 7 years since were were all in one place together! It was wondeful! It made my Mama's heart so happy.
    Now however, since we have all of the "normal" Christmas festivities done already, we can take the time to really concentrate on the reason we're celebrating. I'm reading a chapter in Luke every day along with my normal Bible reading and finding since I have no other preparations to make, my mind is staying engaged.
    Wishing you a joyous December my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Hope you're having a restful and fun Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a beautiful post and all so true. I too love spending quiet evenings to read or listen to music or watch a Christmas hallmark movie and wrap presents. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to spend down time in the evenings, enjoying some quiet in order to reflect on the day. We enjoy sitting with instrumental hymns playing, drinking or hot tea or cocoa, and reading/talking. Many happy wishes as you seek to serve the Lord during this Christmas season, Roxy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah dear Roxy, not well so very quiet for my home this Christmas but will go to family, God willing, and also pray am well enough for church Christmas morning its ond of my favourite, but will need to improve lots. God knows trusting Him. I did a post on my Christian blog yesterday I hope you might pop over and say hi too.
    I love your post, your love of the Lord and your family just bubbles out, thanks for your post and I'm so glad you're well enough to do it all Roxy, as you've had a mixed year healthwise too.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing pretty decorations and twinkling lights too. Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas season Mrs. Roxy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you sweet friend for sharing. Christmas snuck up on me while I've been recovering. I've been making some cookies this week. Be blessed friend and enjoy.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right!
    When I was young I love to peek into homes that had lights on. There was a comfort about knowing someone was there, a happy home.
    My husband and I light up our home (turn on inside and outside lights) year round.
    I want to be the "light" on our block, the friendly home.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother