Monday, March 31, 2014

Proper Etiquette and Good Manners...




Source; Artist Gregory Frank Harris

We really have lost so many social graces in our day.
I remember reading the newspaper and reading the column on proper etiquette.

Having and using proper manners, is something to strive for,
If you want to be a lady and look feminine...

A lady must apply and use good manners,
Everywhere and all the time;
Manners help you to look and act like a Lady...

Using please and thank you when talking to others will,
carry you far in a world that has lost its manners.

I also love to hear a younger child replying with a
Yes Ma'am or No Ma'am


Make a habit of using good manners when you go out into your everyday life.
Greeting a person kindly even if you're having a bad day!


Good posture and not slouching,
When sitting, cross your knees or cross your ankles.
Do not leave your legs wide open.
Sneezing into your hands instead of a tissue,
Speaking loudly or using foul language!
Do not interrupt when others are speaking!
When you do not hear what another has spoken
Say excuse me, what did you say again?



And generally acting in a way that can serve as a model for others.
Good manners are always fashionable.


Here are some other things to consider as you refine your manners:
If you're eating dinner in a group setting, make sure you say
"Please pass the chicken," instead of reaching over someone else.
Place a napkin in your lap, and wipe your mouth often
when dining out or in your home.

You should learn and use good table manners.
This means not eating with your elbows on the table.
Chewing with your mouth closed.

Or slurping your food or drink!
.

Find a nice way to give a correction and  training...
 Instead of saying, "Will you shut up already?" say,
 "Would you mind lowering your voice?"
Try to avoid burping in public.
 Once you reach a certain age, burping in public is not funny anymore,
 If it happens by accident, just say "Excuse me," or "Pardon me,"
 This is simply not ladylike behavior.

Avoid rolling your eyes or generally being rude when
 Someone is saying something you don't really want to hear.




Now, just for the record, I am a funny girl, and I enjoy a good laugh!
And I have rolled my eyes on a few occasions...
Learning and growing Dear Ones...



11 comments:

  1. What a fun post, Roxy. I have newspaper clippings from the 40's and 50's where hubby's grandmother went to afternoon teas and they were actually covered by the newspaper and included phrases such as- And Mrs. John Smith poured the tea from her grandmother Mrs. Alexander Johnson's collection, and Mrs. Rex Owens poured the coffee from her silver coffee urn which was graciously received by ....add the list of names. It was so much fun to see those. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Miss Roxy,
    I love this...I am so into teaching, and being an example to my girls as....the idea of manners and being a 'lady' is being lost?
    Why? When one is out and about or at home with the family, we are to be at all times a represent of a lady pleasing to the Lord!
    My older daughter's and I would love to have a lil-ladies tea in our lil-church and are having some look at us like..."why"?
    Oh my, thank you so much (once again) for this dear post.
    Blessings~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Roxy,
    Thank you for your kind thoughtful and well written comment. Yes I complete agree with you about the activities. It's become a epidemic right now in 30-40 something parents, it's crazy. Thanks for visiting, can't wait to read more.
    ((hugs))Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, caught myself rolling my eyes today at the local ice cream place. Girls talking to each other, one on phone, another talking to the cooks. One register open and 10 people in line. Ugh! Now who needs the manners? I guess I did too today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny...I have forgotten reading the etiquette column in the newspaper everyday. Thank you for reminding us of this Roxy! I feel proper etiquette makes everyone so beautiful.....precious post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to think about and remember good manners. Good manners are really just learning consideration for others isn't it? How am I making other people feel by what I do or don't do, say or don't say. Remember the little song we used to sing in Sunday school. "Two little magic words… you can open any door with these… one little word is thanks and the other little word is please". I am singing it in my head right now. Hehehe So important to teach our children/grandchildren these things, and to remember them ourselves.

    Love and Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manners, they were drummed into my brothers and I when we were young and I have never forgotten them. I tried to do the same with my sons, but they do let me down from time to time.

    I find lots of people lack manners, not just the young, but older people too. I also find people from particular countries are ruder than others, not sure if its a cultural thing or perhaps because I am a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha it's sorta of funny you should have to post this, but really it's a good reminder.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Roxy you really are so wise.
    Can I add not eating in the street (My Mum wouldn't even let me eat an apple as I walked along) and my new pet hate of the moment, people who are still talking on their phones at the counter in a shop or post office. How rude! I will always step out of a queue if I have to take a call and rejoin it once I'm finished. I just think it's so rude, how would we feel if the shop assistant was on their phone instead of serving us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blog! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some
    more. I am taking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother