Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Guest Blogger...


Just wanted to share my dear friend Stephanie with
You wonderful ladies!
I am so thankful to have a dear friend who will share a great post!
This is a sweet post and I know you will enjoy it!

Thank YOU...

Hello lovelies!
My name is Stephanie and I blog over at
The Enchanting Rose
My little place consists of crafts, sewing, recipes, hymns, tea cups, 
and sweet encouragement from the Bible.
It is such an honor to be posting on Roxy's blog today.
Roxy has been an instrument of wisdom to me 
and her blog posts have always taught and encouraged me .
Whether it's a lesson from God's Word or a delicious recipe I am always blessed.

Today I wanted to share with you a few family treasures
that belonged to my husband's side of the family.


My dear mother-in-law first gave me the cookbook and tea cup
for a house-warming gift when my darling hubby and I 
moved into our new home back in January.
She wrote me a letter with a little history about the items - 
they belonged to my husband's Gammie.


The heart hath its own memory, like the mind,
and in it are enshrined the precious keepsakes.
~ Unknown ~


Gammie had a Canadian friend, Alice, 
that would come to North Carolina to work at Piedmont Baptist College.
Alice was the dietitian, menu maker, and cook.
She would return to Canada in the Summer and return to Piedmont in the Fall.
Alice gave Gammie the tea cup and cookbook which was later passed down to my mother-in-law
and now my husband and I have it.
My dad's side of the family is Canadian and I lived there for several years
so I find it fascinating that I would inherit something from my husband's side of the family
that came from a dear Canadian woman.
Don't you love the way God works?



Now onto the lovely hand-stitched quilt. . .
Once again, my sweet mother-in-law gave me a special gift and it was this quilt. 
She gave it to my family on Mother's Day.



The Story. . . 

Gammie and her husband were married in 1948
and her mother which would be the grandmother of my mother-in-law 
asked a lady to make this quilt for Gammie as a wedding gift.
The quilt was never given to Gammie for her wedding. . .
You see, while this lady was working on the quilt top she had a stroke and was unable to finish.
The top remained in plastic wrapping in Gammie's dresser drawer for years
so in the mid-1980's my mother-in-law took the quilt top home to see if someone could finish it.
There was a lady in the church who took the quilt and finished it.
My mother-in-law sent the finished quilt to Gammie for Christmas - 
she was finally able to enjoy it after almost 40 years of keeping it tucked away in a dresser drawer.
Gammie, a lady I did not have the privilege of knowing, passed away in 1999.
I now have pieces of the past from this precious woman 
whom my husband lovingly calls 'Gammie.' 
Family is beautiful - may we never forget the stories of the past 
and may they forever be close to our hearts.

The past is just the beginning of a beginning.
~ H.G. Wells ~


Thank you, Roxy, for allowing me to be apart of your wonderful blog.
It was truly a pleasure being here today.
Hugs and blessings to all of you!


























17 comments:

  1. What a sweet story Stephanie! I love family history and the ties that bind... I love grandmothers! They are such a beautiful link to the past wrapped up in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for sharing those treasures with us:))

    Blessing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet words Stephanie! Grandmothers are so precious...:) Thank you for sharing your sweet treasures with us. Have a blessed Tuesday.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful surprise to find you posting on Roxy's blog. I always enjoy post on The Enchanting Rose. Love the teacup, quilt and stories. Thanks for sharing this with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt and story to go with it! I love the sweet sentiments of this post...stories and precious things from the past have so much meaning to me as well...no amount of money can buy the value these things hold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love family stories and learning the ways God has woven us together. You mother-in-law is a special lady sharing your husband's family stories with you. And you are a very special daughter-in-love for receiving them and treasuring them. That tea cup has the most beautiful interior I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, this was a royal treat finding you here at Roxy's place, and to hear the precious memories behind these treasured love gifts.
    The story of the quilt brought tears to my eyes. That is a most beautiful tea cup.
    Such a blessing to your heart and home.
    I enjoyed your post!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing story you have, Stephanie! I love that all things have a story attached, those are the ones we should treasure. I loved that your hubby called her Gammie. So, so sweet!

    Thanks you, Roxy for having Stephanie as a featured blogger!

    You both are so precious!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie is one of the sweetest women that God ever created. Love this post, love Stephanie. She is such a blessing to all around her. You picked a great guest blogger. You blog is wonderful Roxy. Always fun to visit a new blog.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... lovely post Stephanie.
    Family history is wonderful to know.... I love the quilt it's so pretty.
    Hugs and Blessings
    Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big thanks to all of you sweet ladies for the lovely comments! I appreciate each and every one of you :) And again, thank you, Roxy, for having me on your blog - it was truly an honor.

    Have a blessed day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fact that you hold your family history so dear to you, Stephanie. I've really enjoyed getting to know the folks around you and can see that you are very blessed indeed. Thanks for such a lovely post, sweet friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such heartwarming stories Stephanie. and such a blessing to have these precious heirlooms that I'm sure you'll pass down with the stories. thank you too Roxy for sharing your space!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post is very endearing.
    I agree, family is beautiful.
    I love history and a family's history is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely and heartwarming story Stephanie. The teacup is precious and the quilt such a blessing.
    Family treasures mean so much and keep us close to those special people in our lives. Thank you for sharing your heart and memories.

    Thank you Roxy for having Stephanie as a guest blogger. She is a precious blessing to all.

    Wishing you and yours a Happy 4th of July!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a blessing to have all these treasures passed down!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to have these items and the history behind them!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother