Thursday, October 23, 2014

First Responders...


Living from Glory to Glory Blog




Being a responder is profound in a world that is dull and seared.
We don't mean to be insensitive to people or things around us.
We have just been bombarded!

 As women in our marriages,
 We must be quick to respond to our men.
They need to feel wanted and important and respected.
Sometimes we can overlook a much needed response to them.

As homemakers we can get so overwhelmed with life;
We can just feel in a slump and not respond as we should!
Keeping things in a organized flow.

Our children can even get slightly overlooked, when
A day can fly by faster than imaginable.

We have so many needs in a world that is lost and desensitized.

"I believe women were created to be responders"

I know that to be a responder will cost you something...
But do we want a faith or a relationship that does not cost us anything?

If you will never put yourself out for another person's well being;
We will be self-centered and not Christ centered.

We had so many people praying for our dear lost grandson in the mountain!
We were just blown away from the outpouring of so many people.

We are all called to be responders!!
It will not look the same for each of us,
 But we must make the effort to meet
The needs of those who are hungry and thirsty
Those who need someone to show some compassion.

We all have been lost in one way or another!
I am praying to be more aware when the Lord gives me 
A glimpse of when I need to respond!

There are well trained professional responders for
Natural disasters and search and rescue.

But we do not have to wait for a crisis or disaster to comply
with the scripture that the Lord gave us!

When we do respond it is as if we are doing it unto Jesus!



Matthew 25:31-46


31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,fn you did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Source:
(www.blueletterbible.org)



3 comments:

  1. I try to be a responder and perhaps I am more than I feel that I am. Thank you for this message. I'm sure you were overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayer and support during this very hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, my husband rang me this morning to say that our dog had died,I'm dropped everything and out of the office in 10 mins. Spent the day at home looking after my husband who was so upset about the loose of our beautiful Doberman. I've don likewise for my children. I see this as very much my role as mother and wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this post, I kept saying, I'm a responder, when in reality I don't think I do it well. Right now I have about three phone calls I need to "respond" to and I don't want to. But I know I will respond to someone's needs. I will drop what ever I'm done to respond.

    I'm am so thankful that your grandson is fine! The agony you and you family went through is something noe of us want to go through!
    God is good!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother