Sunday, November 25, 2012

Taking Pleasure

"You Say It's Your Birthday"

Happy Birthday!

This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I must admit I have had more pumpkin pies for my
birthday  with candles in it then I can count.
Because my birthday has either fallen on Thanksgiving day, 
or has been in the same week,
my whole life.

I have always had to pray my way through the
holidays.  I believe there are just some
things attached to birthdays, and holidays.

But praise God he has given us freedom,
and the ability to overcome.

It is not like something bad happened to me.
It is more like a false expectation, I put on it!

So, I rejoice knowing that I can walk in freedom
And enjoy this Birthday,
because of His grace.

Also, I have been learning to take pleasure
in the holidays.

Every year has been more of a release,
to be in Him.
And not allow my hold to a false
expectations to take control.

Being transparent has helped.
Let us not hold ourselves in high esteem,
but rather humble ourselves.
That He may exalt us in do time.

Blessings, Roxy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Roxy! I think I can understand how you have felt about the holidays. I too have grown more in peace and joy over the celebrations. Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother