Monday, November 3, 2014

Victorious Beautiful Tree...

 
Living from glory to glory blog


A man had a beautiful estate with magnificent trees on it. But he had
a bitter enemy, who said, "I will cut down one of his trees; that
will hurt him."

In the dark of night the enemy slipped over the fence and went to the
most beautiful of the trees, and with a saw and axes he began to work.
In the first light of morning he saw in the distance two men coming
over the hill on horseback, and recognized one of them as the
owner of the estate.

Hurriedly he pushed the wedges out and let the tree fall;
but one of the branches caught him and pinned him to the ground,
injuring him so badly that he died.

Before he died, he screeched out,
"Well, I have cut down your beautiful tree,"
And the estate owner looked at him with pity and said,
"This is the architect I have brought with me.

We had planned to build a house, and it was necessary to 
cut down one tree to make room for the house;
and it is the one you have been working on all night."

Do not forget that anything the devil is working at, he is but
cutting down a tree God had planned to cut down;
he never did anything outside the overall plan of God,
for God is omnipotent and omniscient and victorious.

Donald Grey Barnhouse









9 comments:

  1. This story gave me chills! What the enemy meant for evil, God meant for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxy, that is a great story and I just love the lesson that you have gleaned from it! Yes, we must never forget that everything that happens is for our good, whether we understand it or not. God's perfect love will do what is best, even if it hurts...

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this, Roxy. Wishing you a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible story. May I choose to be like the estate owner who gets her plans approved by The Architect of my days.

    Hugs,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this story! I hope you are doing well. Have a blessed and beautiful week..

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- That is quite a story. It makes me think of revenge is mine sayeth the Lord...and revenge was heaped on that man by his own hand.

    Hope you have a great night! xo Daina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a story! Definitely a lesson to be learned.

    Thinking of you, sweet friend. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a powerful message in such a simple story! Thank you for sharing this! I can't wait to share it with my family at the dinner table tonight!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother