Monday, May 9, 2016

Tend To Your Own Front Porch...

 

Living From Glory To Glory Blog...

Tend To Your Own Front Porch

There was a Sunday school lesson that was taught to me years ago,
And I wanted to share with you what that lesson was
 And how I still try today to live up to that lesson.

Every single day we will have things that will come into our lives,
That are problems that we had nothing to do with!

Some of these things or people will try to control and take advantage of us!

We need to learn to discern which are from the Lord;
And those that are stumbling blocks to steal, kill and destroy us.

Lesson

We all will have things that try to bombard us on a daily bases;
But we must be very careful that we do not try to take another persons problem
upon ourselves. And subject ourselves to things never intended for us.

God has given each of us our own homes and front porches.
We need to tend to our own porches daily.
We must sweep them daily to clean off the debris that blow upon them.
(Sin, Sorrow, Unforgiveness, Self pity, Lies, Jealousy, Hatred)

We talked about the only way we could help others was when we
Swept our own front porches off;
Getting the plank out of our eye,
So we could see to help them get the speck from their eyes removed.
But we all know that takes the power of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit!

He told us way too many times we as Christians get involved with other peoples
 Problems that we were never intended to be involved in!
He was a very wise man and he spoke truth!

We now have what I see as a social gospel, we need to enable and help everyone!
When we do not forsake our sins and yet expect others to support us!
Wrong theology, and unhealthy thinking!
We are told to disciple others not enable them to live in ungodly ways!

I believe we are all seeing, so many people that do not take responsibility
for their own choices and lack of godliness and willingness to work.

Holding grudges and really not forgiving others is sin!
But when we continue to do the same thing over and over again,
Yet expect a different outcome is insanity

One thing that I am learning as I see so many people hurting from
being mistreated by others is this;
Be very wise with whom you get involved with!
Be careful what you say to them!
Do not give your time or money unless you have prayed about it!
Learn to know when to say enough or when to say NO!

You ladies have been given the charge to keep your own front porch,
Cleaned and swept off and in order.

If you are spending all your time and strength and words to enable others is 
not pleasing to the Lord or being a good helpmate to your own husband!

Do not waste your resources for a sloth or a person who will not repent!

We need to love others, sometimes by not helping and yet praying for them!



11 comments:

  1. thewarmfireplaceMay 9, 2016 at 3:13 PM

    Thank you for your very wise words.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the word picture you used, "Keep your own front porch,
    Cleaned and swept off and in order.".
    Being a visual person, this will be remembered easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very, very true. As the saying goes throw caution to the wind. :)

    Enjoy your week!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always give such good advice.

    "I believe we are all seeing, so many people that do not take responsibility for their own choices and lack of godliness and willingness to work.

    Holding grudges and really not forgiving others is sin!
    But when we continue to do the same thing over and over again,
    Yet expect a different outcome is insanity."

    This quote describes my eldest son, 25 years old. My heart breaks for all I've invested in him over the years only to see him turn against God and act that way. One of the bad things about homeschooling is that if your kids make wrong choices about their lives, you feel responsible.

    I'm still walking out of that after much prayer and repentance for things I did and didn't do over the years.

    Ultimately though, he's an adult. He makes his own choices.

    I just thought if I could do everything right....

    Hugs,
    Laura
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said. You are gifted with your writings, delicately said and still to the point. I will check out my front porch.
    Blessings
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wise advice. Pertains to a situation in my life at this moment. But then God's Word is always relevant, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent and wonderful teaching Roxy! I agree with you that helping people sometimes is enabling them in their sins, and not really helping them at all. Tending to our own front porch, wonderful thought! I need to sweep mine this morning, we had a storm come through last night, lots of pine needles everywhere! Thank you for this visual, very truth-filled lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this great advice with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed my visit with you here, Roxy. It's a blessing to my heart to read your words. Thank you for being a light and a witness here on your blog. SO glad the Lord gave you a way of escape from that frightening situation in the WalMart parking lot!! Big Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate this post so much.

    It is important to tend to our own home and family. No one else can do it properly....

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother