Saturday, March 5, 2022

Do You Observe Lent?...


Lent Season, Living From Glory To Glory Blog...

Observing Lent

I have never observed Lent Season before,
I took the time and did some interesting research;
I found it all very refreshing and rich.
And with a sincere heart motive I am participating.

Lent Season

Repentance and understanding Christ sacrifice for us!
Ash Wednesday is the beginning of this season.
But I know you can start it any time as long as it is
Before Easter or shall I call it Resurrection Day!

When we sang this song on the evening of Ash Wednsday;
It was something that touched and stirred my heart!

It is only God who can grant us pardon from our sins!
And the prison we are captive in!

I always wondered what the Ashes signified?
Ashes are really just dust.
After Palm Sunday, they take the palms and burn them!
These are the ashes they used for the service.


 Ecclesiastes 3:20
All go to one place;
All are from the dust,
And all return to the dust.

Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
Till you return to the ground
For out of it you were taken;
For dust you are,
And dust you shall return.

All I can say it has a very rich meaning,
if taken to heart and not done as some ritual.

Sometimes when I pray that phrase has been used,
 I am but dust...

Life is so fragile and its good to be reminded of that.

I can truly say I have never given up anything for Lent!
Wasn't even sure if I wanted to.

This line in the song convicted me;
We are jealous, proud and impatient,
loving over much our things;
may the yielding of our failings be
Our Lenten offerings.

So as I have chosen to give up something for 40 days
I will pray to consecrate myself
 in my thoughts and words and deeds.
Even the 40 days are symbolic!

Have you ever given up something as onto the Lord?

I have so much to learn!
So thankful for God's grace to learn for eternity...

Blessings, Roxy









6 comments:

  1. Good morning Roxy. I have never given anything up for Lent and never really understood it's meaning until a few years ago. I admire those who have given something up and I probably should too, but this year is just too emotional to add another thing. Does that sound awful? I think it does, but I can't face anything more.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I do not observe Lent; even though I am a fairly recent convert to observing Advent at Christmastime, though not a strictly religious observance. I am reminded of the song we used to sing: There's nothing more that I can do because Jesus paid it all."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have for years, but haven't called it "Lent", but "The Path of His Passion". A devotional written by Bill Crowder (Discovery House) This is my 5th year to read and meditate on the path my Savior took those last 40 days. I think it's so important to remind us just the overwhelming price it took for my salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS for me it's not giving up something, but gaining more understanding and compassion for what my Savior went through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that. That's how I think of lent as well. Giving up so we can gain. Isn't that the Christian life? Always more with more of Jesus than without him. More riches in glory. More understanding. More grace. More strength. More understanding of his love.

      Delete
  5. Yes Roxy, I do observe Lent. We don't eat meat on Friday's and I gave up eating any form of chips. It's a time for me to try and think more of others than myself.
    Thanks for the blog visit and I hope you have a nice week Roxy.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother