Friday, October 3, 2014

Ribbons and Lace...

Living From Glory to Glory Blog



Ribbons and Lace And Natural Decor...




 File:Edmund Blair Leighton - Ribbons and Lace.jpg
Edmund Blair Leighton, Ribbons and Lace


Those little extra touches...

 Homemakers and Home keepers have really been given
The secret touch for creating a cozy home!

It is found in those little touches we add to each room.
A lovely picture centered on the wall can pull a room together!
A mirror placed on a short wall can make the room appear larger.
A pretty green plant looks alive,
A vase of dried flowers can perk up a corner.
Window coverings make a room feel safe and cozy.

Now, Some ladies enjoy frills and ribbons
Others enjoy a more natural setting.
I have used pine cones in a basket with a candle in the center.
Natural earth colors to match wood floors.
We can use things we find in nature to make a centerpiece
for a table or on our mantels.

We do not have to spend a ton of money to find lovely
treasures that can make your home special.

Do you think of your HOME as your haven?
Is it the place where your heart takes great pleasure,
loving and taking care of those you love?

I urge you to make the time to change things around,
in your home and to decorate it in a way that brings an
 atmosphere of comfort and peace.

We can never underestimate the benefits of
 keeping your home clean,
And free from clutter.
We always think of Spring cleaning;
But I have always tried to incorporate a fall cleaning also!

We are all about to get busy with fall and winter holidays.
And during the winter months our windows are closed up tight!
So before the real cold weather sets in,
Let the fall crisp air come in and freshen the air.
 And maybe try to change your rooms around,
Try changing a picture on a wall.
 Wash your throw blankets!
Purchase a new throw rug for a room.
Try to spray paint something to give it a refreshed finish.

Enjoy your home and let it be a place of pleasure,
To your senses and to your eyes.
Home is where your heart is...



18 comments:

  1. I like this Roxy. Your posts are soo pretty and inspiring and great for young homemakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think of home as my haven...my place to feel safe when I am buffeted by the tides of life. I love to change it up a bit here and there...but it is always a warm retreat for me. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Roxy! My home is my haven and it's funny; when we go on vacation I find that after a week I long for my home and gardens. It is the little things that make our homes special. Often just walking past a special little something brightens my day.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Roxy. In The Netherlands we really want a home that is "gezellig", it is a Dutch word which expresses something more than just cozy. I have never found that meaning in other languages. It is something typically Dutch. We try to make our homes as comforting and inviting as possible, but gezelligheid is so much more !! I just can't explain. You have to experience it ; )
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said Roxy and I couldn't agree more. My home is my place of comfort and my safe haven. I want to make it warm and welcoming for myself and my hubby, but for others who visit as well. And you are right about not having to spend a lot of money...almost everything I decorate with was thrifted or free! Have a blessed weekend.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Roxy! I love candle light any time, so your pine cone/basket and candle. I bet it's so pretty on a fall afternoon or evening.

    I am not a 'lace person', but I do like little lights and fall decor. It kind of brings the outside in, and reminds me of the change of seasons.
    I really should wash my throw blankets...good advice!
    Have a happy weekend :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how Monique put it, gezellig.
    You have such a way of explaining and showing us how to gezelligheid our homes!
    Thanks Roxy and thank Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I moved living room furniture and mopped the floors and dusted Friday. It felt wonderful to have a day off work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is another inspiring post for us Roxy. Thank you. The painting is lovely, and your post reminds us that we can make our own "Beautiful Paintings" in our humble homes with simple and inexpensive touches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an inspiration, my friend :) Thank you for these lovely words.

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love those warm touches that make me want to linger in a room! As I unpack I'm finding that there are things that go back into boxes that don't compliment the new space. May we as homemakers ever be mindful of those little details that make our houses homes. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. During summer, I often find a flower in my bathroom. It might be the flower fairy, but I suspect it's my lovely spouse.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Roxy, Once we are finished with our kitchen re-model, I am attacking our living room in full-on cleaning mode. There won't be many autumn decorations this year, but by Dec 1st I hope to be ready for Christmas ones :)

    I always enjoy your encouraging homemaking posts. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whilst I move things about, I don't go overboard as my husband doesn't like it. Nor would he like things such as lace or ribbon about. Women need to think about what their husbands likes or dislikes in mind when they rearrange furntitute etc in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really do feel like my home is my haven. I love taking care of my family and house. :) I do a fall cleaning too...in fact, I better get on that pretty soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't agree more! I love a tidy home and enjoy making little changes to keep things fresh (and it doesn't require spending a dime either)... And a fall cleaning, of course! To finish up what wasn't done in the spring of course :)

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful posts on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely post, Roxy! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/10/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_19.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother