Thursday, May 7, 2015

How Not To Be Anxious In Unsettling Days...

 

I have a quote that I have been practicing and thinking about lately;
It goes like this;
"No matter what your circumstances are, don't get your feathers ruffled"

Living From Glory To Glory Blog


The skies are very ominous this evening;
This time of the year the spring storms can leave you feeling unsettled.

Do you ever think about what is happening in the natural world
Is as an indication as to what is happening in the spiritual realm?

I have heard of so many women feeling anxious lately;
I have been thinking that even for myself, I have felt a bit unsettled.
When you find yourself in a season or a moment of trials or fear;
We must learn to not let a vain imagination take hold!

I am very grateful for the fact that I have been practicing this, 
To not allow this vain imagination to take hold for years!

~The word tells us to look up
For your redemption draws nigh~

~Look to the hills for this is where your help comes from~

Where I look affects the way I feel and respond...

When I allow the enemy to get my eyes on my circumstances;
I immediately feel anxious;
So, here is what I do, I look UP...

Living From Glory To Glory Blog


I sometimes think people may think that I have no reaction at times;
But it is really that I am choosing to not allow myself to respond!

Being trained or exercising with the right response in a crisis or trouble,
Is not what the word is teaching us!
I think they want us to fear and feel like things are out of control!

When Jesus was told of a trouble or sickness, did it ever tell us
He was worried and that he ran to get there faster!
He was calm, and He had a peace that prevailed.
This very peace is what we have been given to guard our hearts and minds!

I have been thinking about that verse that tells us to be anxious for nothing.
I do not want to live in unrest or fear;
And I am sure you do not want to either, so we can determine in our hearts;
To not allow worry or fear to take hold...

I am not suggesting that we are not to be unconcerned about issues or life;
But rather to do all things in a peaceable way and attitude.

There are just some people who just panic over everything;

Living From Glory To Glory Blog
Who you looking at?

Keep in peace, trust and obey for there is no other way...

~Love and take your time to smell the Roses~


14 comments:

  1. Dearest Roxy...thank you for this gentle reminder to keep our eyes on the One True God who knows all! The last few days I have allowed myself to think about my circumstances and gotten pretty down! But last night I had the blessing of listening to a wonderful sermon that encouraged and uplifted my weary heart! And then I opened my dashboard this morning and saw your beautiful post...I just had to come by... Blessings to you and much love!
    Have a special day,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very calming words.
    I know I have or can get anxious if I don't, as you say, look up.
    I try to be looking up and praise God from morning to night. Praying without ceasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always learn a thing or two from your post,Roxy, and this one was meant for me this morning. I do tend to get in a hurry and want things done fast, so I'll slow myself down and let myself feel that peace this morning.
    Have a good day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Although we sometimes tend to allow fear to seep in and take away our trust, fear and faith, like oil and water, cannot mix.

    Have a blessed Mother's Day,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post Roxy! This is the time when we have to stay firm and vigilant and remember that God is greater and amazing things are and will be happening. If we are all trembling in fear, we can't do what God asks us to do. Have the most wonderful Mother's Day! Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite verse has been Phillipians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. This has gotten me through many tough times.
    Your post blessed me today, Roxy!!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good word, Roxy! It's hard to take our eyes off of things that cause us to fear sometimes. But pointing them up is the way to go. Looking to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what an encouraging post! I too have heard many people saying that they feel at unease. Whatever is going on in the spiritual world perhaps may be felt by us. Yet, we have the words of Jesus to calm us - to look up, and indeed living here with the mountains around us, I don't have to look far to be reminded to "look up" :) Our hope is in Him, and not in this world, and that is one thing that really helps to remember! May the Lord continue to spread his PEACE in your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an encouraging post, Roxy, I feel that the peace of God can not be explained, only experienced! I am so thankful for this peace that only He gives!

    Some years ago, I was going through a very difficult time in my life, the Lord lead me to Philippians 4:6,7,8, I committed this passage to memory, when those anxious feelings came I would recite them, and believed them!
    As always such a joy to visit, I haven't had much time lately to blog as I have been so busy!
    Thank for sharing,
    Wishing you a most blessed and Happy Mother's Day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Roxy, so often I hear of youth that are suffering from depression and anxiety lately. It saddens me and I think that if they would just slow down and take the time to look up all that stress would go away. A simple stroll through my garden or a walk on a country lane or a ride up the canyon helps me realize all the joy of this life and how we need to slow down, stop and smell the roses!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Roxy Happy Mother's DAy to you. I've been singing this:
    "God I look to You, I won't be overwhelmed. Give me vision to see things like You do."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sweet friend! Your words were written in such a gentle and loving manner and they reminded me to look up...to keep my focus on the one true God :)

    I always find such blessed encouragement here. Thank you for joining Roses of Inspiration. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is perfect for the times we're living in.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother