Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Gift Of A Good Memory...

 
Living From Glory To Glory Blog

Why memories are so powerful

We have one of the greatest gifts!
Our memories are a portion of us that has been tucked away into
In the recesses of our minds.

Firstly, I want to address so many of you out there that have had to 
live with a terrible memory, my heart cries out for you.
I do know the sorrow of those memories also.

But, What I want to share is the real love and the power in a good memory!

I was a little girl sitting on my mother's lap while she is visiting with her
Girlfriend and neighbor. Even as a child, I know this was a special time.

I remember the smell of the coffee aroma and the sound of it as it percolates in the kitchen;
Momma pours two cups of coffee into two of these lovely
Rose coffee cups, they are placed upon the little saucer that match.

Each cup is doused with cream and sugar...

~I can still hear the tinkling of the spoon as it mixes the cream and sugar~

My mother is so busy chatting away that she only has one sip of her coffee;
She kisses the top of my head and tells me this
Sweetie, why don't you drink the rest of mommy's coffee...

I do this very thing that she has spoken to me;
And I remember that moment and memory forever!

It was tender and sweet as the sugar made my little mouth happy.
I am sure I was not even five!

What's love got to do with it?
Everything...

I do hope when I have finished my days here on earth,
That my dear ones will hold a memory of love, that I showed to them!

God gives us strength and grace to create sweet memories.
May we learn to ask for more of them in our prayers.
Being a mother of influence does not have to consist of huge or big things!

This one gesture has been tucked in my heart for years...

God Bless each of you amazing women of God,
Stand your post, guard your loved ones.
Never turn back...
Run to win the prize.
Be sure to leave a memory to someone that will always bring a smile to their face and
Warm their hearts and keep them tender for what really matters in this life!

Find as many little opportunities to create a good memory...
Trust me it has a huge impact for little or big people;

When we see in this world that so many have lost their memories;
So much is truly lost for all of us!


I have heard that when the elderly have shown signs of dementia,
Many can not remember  many things. But can recall facts and memories
from their childhood. I think this is so amazing,
Many can remember scripture and songs.


Think of a memory that brings a gentle tug of happiness to your hearts today




6 comments:

  1. "...I do hope when I have finished my days here on earth,
    That my dear ones will hold a memory of love, that I showed to them!"


    I hope for the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I volunteered at a Rest Home, the only thing that a lot of these gentle people had, was there memories (fuzzy but still there). Their rooms were bare and friends or family not around.
    Oh, the stories I heard! It melted my heart to listen to them recall their past lives.
    I can't tell you how strongly I feel about creating memories with my family!
    Be sure to use ALL your senses,(sight, smell, touch, hearing, and tasting), when making these memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very sweet post. Thank you for this encouragement! I am a new reader and appreciate your blog.
    Blessings to you! Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Roxy, I love this! Memories hold a special place in my heart. I have never been a coffee drinker, but the smell reminds me of my mother as well. Love that smell! Your story was so sweet. I remember my mom and oldest sis sipping and chatting every morning.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet and precious post Rox. Thank you. Yes, I feel likewise. I pray that I can leave behind the most precious of memories with my loved ones and friends… really those are the treasures we bring with us to heaven. Love your memory of your Mom; so sweet and powerful.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother