Friday, January 23, 2015

Taking Every Thought Captive...


Living From Glory to Glory... Change your thinking


The Threshold

We are always able to change the direction of our thinking...
We are not robots that have been programmed.
But sometimes it does appear that some people are on autopilot!

We need to refocus and look into where we can go with our thinking,
That is pleasing to the Lord...

He tells us to enter His gates with Thanksgiving

I have found that when I have an attitude of being thankful;
I am able to be a better wife and mother and friend!

"We can make a choice in our thinking"

Are you aware or realize when the enemy is trying to
re-direct your thinking??

When you begin to disrespect your husband in your thoughts;
When you become jealous over what another might have.
When you start thinking angry thoughts!
When you become suspicious and think everyone is out to get you!

When we are good Christian people;
We are not out sinning and living lives that are terrible;
So the enemy has to use our own thoughts against us!

I have seen this happen over and over...

I am so thankful that I had a teaching given to me about this!
As I can now quickly discern when my thoughts are being bombarded
 with thoughts that come from the enemy.

Women are always thinking...
Some ladies even have trouble turning off their thoughts.

That is why the scripture that tells us to take every thought captive!
2Corinthians 10:5
(Imagination and arguments)

Do a word study on this verse and see the importance of this.

If you think the same negative, destructive thoughts often;
You will have a rut in your brain;
Like a default program
( I was told it looked much like the wagon train ruts on the road)
Hard to get out, once you slipped into it!
But I believe that if we read the word and be aware and take our,
Thoughts captive we can have the mind of Christ!

Keeping our minds fresh and alive and learning new things;
Will bring life...
Being a woman of a healthy mind is very feminine,
As you will not look worried or confused and upset!

We all know when this starts to creep up;
S-T-O-P

Do you realize everyday you can speak a new word and leave a great impression!
Get out of yourself thinking and its rut;
See what the Lord says about every situation!!

Just a reminder, Dear Ladies;
Being worried is sin
Being fearful breeds more fear

Think thoughts that are lovely;
About Your Husband
And others!
Speak a blessing and don't give the enemy your mind!
Use it as a key to witness and create and inspire for
His Glory...

Do you struggle with controlling your thoughts?
Do you believe we can train our hearts to think differently?



What I am up to...
I have been crocheting little hearts...
I have been trying to walk everyday, not doing really great at it!
I received an eight piece setting of the Desert Rose Franciscan China
From my older Brother today!
What a lovely gift to receive;
As it was my Mothers favorite pattern of China!





13 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts Roxy. I am one who thinks too much and has to guard my mind carefully or it tends to wander in the wrong direction.
    What a blessing to receive new china:) My grandma had the same dishes.
    Hugs to you from Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an area I struggle in frequently. Thanks for the post. What a lovely gift of china from your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Roxy, I needed to read this today. This has been on my "thoughts". Praising God that He forgives and we can 'be more than conquerors in Him', to think thoughts that are good, lovely, pure and just!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate you and all the work and words you give us.
    This is an important topic for ALL of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice gift present!

    I found encouragement in your writing about our thoughts. I find that my thoughts tend to go in the wrong direction when I'm filling my mind with things I shouldn't. It seems harmless to watch certain tv shows and then you start realizing that your thoughts are critical!

    There are many reasons to be in the Word daily, but the washing and renewing of our minds is a wonderful byproduct!

    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Fondly,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Roxy,
    My husband and I had a conversation about this very thing today. Your post is a great encouragement to me today. Thank you my sister.
    :) m & josephina ballerina (the cat)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roxy, Beautiful lesson. You are gifted my friend.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Have fun crocheting the little hearts and how special to have your mother's
    Desert Rose China.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Years ago I went through a season of temptation. The Holy Spirit taught me how to win by memorizing scripture. I memorized this verse and it has been my offense as I've taken up the sword of the Spirit. "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world. Indeed they have the power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowlege of God and TAKE EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE AND MAKE IT OBEY CHRIST." This is a practice that we must continue to fight the enemy. Thanks for the reminder. Now that I'm older it's more the temptations of the mind that I deal with. We must put on the armour of God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good word and so encouraging to my heart tonight. Thank you for sharing your heart in such an uplifting way. My dearest friend who has gone to be with the Lord had the Franciscan China you write about. I so enjoy reading your blog Roxy, such a special blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a good teaching Roxy. It is so true. We must become always conscious of the way our mind and tongue can go and hold them both in check and submission to our precious Holy Spirit. Love the post… love that you put the picture to this post; its perfect. Have a great week; I was so glad to get to catch up with you a little yesterday.
    Love and blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very true! I noticed that the more focus I put on "me", the more of a playground I give to the enemy. Looking to care for family and friends actively while keeping our reading and watching pure is always helpful. We keep it in Christ and not the "me" monster... Thanks for sharing this Roxy!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother