Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Why Blogging Is Alive And Not Dying...

 

Bloggers, Blogging, Glory to Glory Blog

We Are Bloggers...

The world of media has said blogging is dying---
But, I think that is not true for many reasons!

The world is running at such a fast speed that it can't even catch up with its self.

Instagram
Facebook
Tweet
Google+
YouTube
Video Chat
E-mail

But we are a rare breed dear ones...
We love the idea of a corner of our lives that we can bask in a unique space.
We have words and thoughts, that is like a good cup of tea;
It must steep for a while,
That is how it gets its strength and the fragrance fills the room.

Blogging is a little bit like an apron;
Not everyone still uses one;
But it is really nice to wear when you need to be covered;
And you seek to be inspired...
And even look cute and stylish...

Our Blogs are like a sewing room or a craft room~
Or a photography room!
Filled with lovely things
(Words and pictures and a taste of something sweet)

No drive thru- fare will fill our longings of good and steady hold you over context!
With a dash of real and the spice of life, and just enough salt
(To bring out the flavor)

We are Bloggers...
We are not a fad to tickle a quick fancy;
But rather to be consistent and realistic...
To dream and to inspire...
To challenge and to endure...

We are not a people who are of a one night stand!
We have integrity and worth;
As we encourage each other to fulfill our most important calling!

All good things take time;
Building a blog is like a family;
We learn to trust one another!
We pray for one another!
We watch each others children grow!

We laugh and crack each other up  LOL
We feel touched and our hearts move with compassion...

We live in our HOMES
We make our houses into HOMES
We learn and grow into His image...

We learn new skills to run our homes in a frugal way that gives honor,
To our Husbands, as onto the Lord!

We mentor one another with Godly wisdom...

We take joy and pleasure in the simple things in our lives!

We pray for the hurting
We pray for those who have lost a loved one!
We warn when we are aware of the danger...

We become better cooks and homemakers...
We learn beauty tips that help us to feel beautiful!
We learn ways to be healthy;

We learn how to be Godly wives!
We learn so many things that we did not know as to how to make
A wonderful marriage!
 (Yes, It is work, but a labor of love)

We learn how to grow gardens and flower beds!
We learn how to live off the land, no matter the size..
(City or country)

We gain confidence to learn how to sew or knit or crochet!

We stop believing the lie that the world tells us
 that being a homemaker is not important!

We are not alone...

We are Bloggers
Home and Hearth
Love and Calm
Tea and Coffee

We are not dead...

We live and we will blog, maybe always!
Things will come and go...
But what you grow and prosper in usually lives a long time!
For the roots go deep;
Then the fruit is produced, to feed others!

Don't give up!
We need each other...


25 comments:

  1. I love and appreciate you, Dear Friend!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I came over from Stephanies link party! That was a wonderful piece of writing and I can say Amen to it all! I'm glad there are bloggers like you who still enjoy the simpler things and the choicest moments each day!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure wish their were older, godly women blogging when I was a young mother with small children and when I was a young wife struggling in my marriage! I think it's wonderful that women are using blogging to encourage, teach, and give examples of godly living. God has used it in powerful ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roxy,
    It is good to be part of the blogging world. I have been away for a while but hope to be back soon. I miss it when I am gone.

    Hope you are having a wonderful day. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just wonderful, Roxy! A year and a half ago, I may not have believed this. When I first started mine, I was very unsure and really uneasy about venturing out into this world. I have to say that I have met some precious new friends, including you, and have been blessed beyong measure by getting to know and sharing with my new Sisters in Christ! Thank you, sweet friend for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Rox; so well said. I just love it. I didn't realize that the media was trying to say that blogging was dying… I was just blogging a long no paying any attention. I agree whole heartedly with all that you said. As Lori said I agree; would't it have been wonderful to older women blog and lead the way for us when we were younger; teaching us to love our husbands and families and how to raise children or homeschool or cook etc. Yes we would have loved that, and now at least we get to be those women. Have a great day.
    Love ya,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly said Roxy. I have been blogging since 2006 and opened my blog in 2007. Yes, things have changed a lot, but such is life. I have made so many wonderful friends and it has been a time of great joy and learning.
    I am thankful for my many blog blessings!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roxy, so lovely to meet you!

    What a beautiful tribute to us bloggers, so eloquently written, uplifting, and inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing and looking forward to visiting your wonderful place here in the great big blogosphere!

    Your newest follower,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Miss Roxy:

    Thank you for your post today, I do agree with you. I have come to enjoy the group, ones that I visit, of lady bloggers and their words of encouragement and lovely pictures so much. I call the blogs that I visit my "ladies' pages" when I speak about them to my husband. I will say, "I read this or that or saw such and such on one of my ladies' pages", and he knows just what I am talking about. I am, however, so blessed to have a real best girlfriend who is a kindred-spirit in my life, and I have come to know how rare a friend like that is, so I do not take her for granted! We both love our "ladies pages"!

    Warn regards,

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this Roxy and I agree with all you said! You are a sweet blessing to us all. Have a blessed rest of the week!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello There!

    I so agree with all of the ladies before me. I have learned so much from the blogs I follow. And, I want to be an encouraging blogger to all that follows me. It's not dying, if you asked me it's flourishing!

    Happy Day!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful post. I quit blogging for a year, missed it and the friendships and started up again. You just don't get that from Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Roxy,I don't have a blog but I read many.I have learned so much from other Christian ladies on keeping a home and honoring God and our husbands.I love blogs. I feel like we are all friends helping one another. Thank-you Roxy for your hard work.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post Roxy so very true..
    and the blogashpere is full of wonderful friends ..

    I fell into it .. as never intended to start one but the LORD did it one day and now is a blessing to others and to me ..
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really encouraging post, and i agree we are not going to disappear into the ether - well I'm not anyway. I enjoy blogging too much.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bloggers are a special group of people! I'm glad to have them as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Roxy. So well said, I couldn't add a thing. Our blogs are like our homes, unique and special to us and yet we share them with others. I have met such wonderful friends through a blog. I so much enjoy visiting yours. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning, Roxy! I was here yesterday and read your post, but did not have a chance to leave a comment. It was nice coming back and rereading this post - I thoroughly enjoyed what you had to say and second all of it!

    I learned much from the blogs I follow and I have grown in many areas of my life because of women like you and my mom who are willing to share God's Word. I have also formed some very precious friendships that I greatly cherish.

    Lovely post, my friend. Thank you for sharing at Roses of Inspiration. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been back twice to read your post here. I agree whole-heartedly. I read a lot of blogs, but seldom bother with the ones on Facebook or other media.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for your beautiful blog posts. So inspiring~! Tracylea

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm here till the cows come home. Funny thing, I don't have any cows. lol! Blogging friendships will last forever what ever may come! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blogging will never die (unless Blogger ceases to exist which is a very scary thought) and books will never die. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've hit the nail on the head! I think you're absolutely right. We're all grateful to have discovered this way of making friends, haven't we?

    I'm so blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so true!!! Love it! Thanks for linking up with Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother