Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Sunflowers Follow The Sun...

Sunflowers, Living from Glory to Glory Blog...

Sunflowers follow the sun...

The other morning as I was coming home very early,
I had one of those moments where you just realize something
 That has been happening for years!

These amazing wild flowers follow the sun;
Their little faces all look to the East;
As the sun comes up to brighten the whole earth
With a blazing warmth and light!

Then they turn their big, bright, happy faces slowly all day long!
Then, once in the early evening comes you will see 
They have all turned their heads to the West...

I started telling this amazing little fact to everyone;
Some people were really surprised and a few said
Yeah, I knew that!
One said an old farmer had told him that! And he thought 
He was just old and didn't know what he was talking about!
But the next day he watched and watched all day long
They did just that, turned to follow the sun.

One man told me when he leaves for work every summer morning they
Are all facing him has he drives, but as he returns home they are
Waving goodbye.


Even Nature Follows The Son. Living From Glory To Glory Blog...


I guess the point of this little story and my own revelation;
Is this...

What is going on around you that you are not even aware of?

God is working little miracles each day in our behalf.
We are seeing nature groaning for His return every season
 Even Nature Follows Follows The SON...

We all have things that will cause us to have a face that bears the struggles!
We can have worry lines upon our foreheads,
We have dark bags underneath our eyes,
We can have wrinkles around our eyes,
We can have a mouth that is turned down.

We must look to the Lord and worship Him with all our cares and worries,
Why take on a face that looks troubled and worried and worn?

 We can have a face that follows the SON...

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in his wonderful face,
And the things of this earth will grow strangely dim
 In the light of His glory and grace.

Wake-Up sleepy heads!
Look around and see all that He is doing in your life...

Living from Glory To Glory
Down those Long country Roads...
 To all my fellow travelers, even if you never leave your HOME!

Hugs, Roxy



10 comments:

  1. What a sweet story of the farmer.
    I knew this about Sun Flowers. One of the reasons I plant them.
    But a good reminder (as always) that you give us!
    It's always a pleasure to stop by and get "recharged"/

    (How are you feeling and doing?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what the sunflowers do.” ― Helen Keller

    Such a lovely post, Roxy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Roxy....your blog is uplifting as well as reminding us of our many blessings. Look forward to them and hope all is well with you.
    New Englander transferred to NC for over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Roxy....thank you for your uplifting and beautiful comments that remind us of our many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this reminder to look around us for daily miracles, Roxy. Thank you. The older I get the more I realize that God's blessings are all around us, if we only care to look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The entire time I was reading the first part of your blog I was thinking that our faces should be following the Son too. And then you wrote it. I did know that about sunflowers. We have HUGE fields of them here that are grown for the seeds to harvest and sell. I love watching them and seeing where they are facing as I drive past.
    "Look full in His wonderful face." May we always look unto Him, the author and perfecter of our faith.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Thank you.
    Blessings.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mm lost fist comment, embedded comment boxes are unreliable.
    Talke 2:
    Yes, knew Roxy re the sunflowers followed the sun, .but tis a timely reminder, last ones I saw were in my friends garden last year. The verse of the Lord Jesus coming in Malachi came to mind as I read this.
    Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
    Lord bless dear Roxy,
    Thanks for being a blessing, God bless you too.
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a Kansan, I love sunflowers, have grown them for many, many years. I love to watch their faces move with the sun throughout the day. And that is a good reminder for us to always follow the Son of God. Amen! Blessings to you, Roxy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good word from you again Roxy. Sunflowers are such cheerful flowers. We would be too if we always kept our eyes on the SON! xo

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother