Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Teach Me To Manage This Household...

 
Vintage Blue Coffee Pot... Living From Glory To Glory Blog...


~Teach Me To Manage This Household~

We all must learn to manage different things;
For many different reasons, but the main reason is to be able
To know how things function and work!

To be accountable, to be in charge, administer; to run; Control,
Lead govern and rule.
I personally like to have my husband hold this part of managing our home.

But I also have a very important part and place for keeping
Our home in a proper functioning place that runs well!

My favorite words to describe managing my household are these words;
Guide, Preside Over, Direct, Oversee.

I think we all love the idea of a well managed home'
We do not like it when chaos reigns!

That is why I believe we like to read and look at magazines that
Show and portray homes that are lovely and organized.
Martha Stewart is not the only one who can manage a household!


Here are just a few suggestions and comments;

Making ends meet financial for your home is so important!
Do not spend more than you make...
Using a list to organize what needs to be done daily, and weekly.

Firstly, may I suggest that you always make yourself ready
Hair, face and smell sweet!
Make your bed!

"Now, I can promise you this, they will expect dinner"
Get a dinner going early in the morning...
Thaw out your meat or bake a dessert, wash veggies!

Look for ideas often to better learn cleaning tips!
Keep the laundry going, so it does not overwhelm you!

Trust me,
 I do not clean all the time, But I do keep my kitchen clean and tidy!
My bed has clean sheets weekly!

Learn to make small, quick, inexpensive meals!
Buy the staples on sale.
Order online, so you have no impulse buying!



Sometimes we must weather the storms that life will bring our way!
And if your home usually runs efficiently,
 You may not be thrown too far off track!

I think that we all can use advice from others no matter our age;
Or season of our lives and our family dynamics.

Share any advice you might want to with other ladies in the comments.

Always learning...
Love, Roxy

12 comments:

  1. We are kindred spirits, Roxy. I agree and try to do what you've outlined, except...yes, I am one of those that don't order online. I like seeing and feeling what I buy. I love to shop in person, but that's just me. I love your post. Have a Blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartely. I have never ordered online, but I do shop with a list. And, I like a clean and tidy home. Not spotless, but somewhere that family wouldn't be embarrassed to invite a friend with no notice because the house is dirty.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm in the minority as a mom of littles but I'm so happy when my dishes are done and everyone has had a meal. My tip is to take all the laundry to a Landry mat if it gets to be too much, then you can catch up all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I think you are spot on.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice! You are so right about dinner; my kids always want to know what's for dinner and it distresses them when I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with all you have shared Roxy, I am a big list maker, one of the things my husband and I do on the weekend is, after devotion, we will sit together with pen and spiral notecards, plan our week, we find that it helps things run more efficiently and smoothly. Thank you for sharing such wonderful advice.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. QUERIDA ROXY. ME ENCANTA SU COMENTARIO, SI LAS AMAS DE CASA TENEMOS UNA ALTA RESPONSABILIDAD EN ADMINISTRAR, GUIAR Y SUPERVISAR EL HOGAR, DE ESO SE TRATA, ESE ES EL LUGAR QUE DIOS NOS DIO Y LO DEBEMOS HACER CON AMOR, CON DILIGENCIA CON MANSEDUMBRE. MUCHAS VECES ESTAMOS AGOBIADAS POR LOS PROBLEMAS QUE SE NOS PRESENTAN DIA A DIA, PERO DEBEMOS PEDIR LA GUIA DEL ESPIRITU SANTO PARA PODER SER BUENAS AMAS DE CASA, JUNTAMENTE CON NUESTRO ESPOSO, QUE ES EL PROVEEDOR PARA EL HOGAR, EL ES EL QUE TRABAJA Y SUSTENTA A LA FAMILIA, DIOS LE DIO UN ALTO PRIVILEGIO DE SER LA CABEZA DEL HOGAR. A PESAR DE SER AMA DE CASA DESDE HACE 41 AÑOS, SIEMPRE ME GUSTA ESCUCHAR LOS CONSEJOS DE OTRAS HERMANAS, SIEMPRE SE APRENDE ALGO NUEVO. BENDICIONES HERMANA, DESDE BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this and for your focus on creating/maintaining an organized and beautiful home that is a safe haven for family and friends. I so appreciate your words of wisdom especially in a society that seems to think over busyness outside the home is more important. ?? It's sad that so many families miss out on the beauty of home, but I am thankful there are still faithful women like you that continue to encourage homemaking and share tips on how to do it well... and with love. And I am also a list maker - although I will admit to sometimes adding something to my list after I have completed it just so I can have the joy of marking it off. LOL! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have your blog sent to my email and am not sure if I've ever been here to tell you how much I love reading what you write (which I do - VERY much!) If I have been here, it's been quite awhile but either way - thank you for taking your time to send us encouragement, you are appreciated! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter is just starting out as a new stay-at-home mom. So proud of her as she is going against the grain of even her Christian friends who are working mothers. She is following a modified version of the FlyLady system. This has encouraged me to look it up again after so many years. It is easy when you have the extra time without children to slip from a routine. So I'm going to try and implement a little more structure into my cleaning and housekeeping routine. I really like the idea of setting a timer and going at it (especially things that aren't so pleasant!) It makes things not feel so overwhelming. And a little bit every day keeps things tidy and clean. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roxy thank you Roxy. These are great tips. I want to say, regarding lists, it's important to not beat ourselves up if everything on our list doesn't get done. Things happen and it's really okay to have things not crossed off our lists.
    I think learning to can foods is an important skill to learn. Have someone come teach you water canning foods for that's the easiest to learn. Then when you are comfortable learn pressure canning. I recommend buying pressure canners new instead of the thrift store because sometimes they are missing parts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your letters to us Roxy are very encouraging. Thank you

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother