Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Disciplines Of A Godly Woman...


Author Barbara Hughes

Being disciplined is not something we do naturally!

The scripture says
  Train yourself to be godly
1 Timothy 4:7

I really enjoyed this book, I found it biblically sound and interesting.
We need a book that instructs us from a non-feminist view.

This word Train is derived from the Greek word which in English is
(Gymnasium)
In other words a spiritual workout!

Like the Greek athletes who lay aside every encumbrance,
We Christian women need to get rid of every
(association, habit, and tendency that blocks godliness)

This is not to be confused with legalism;
The legalistic heart does things to gain merit with God;
The disciplined heart says
 "I will do this because I love God and I want to please HIM"

Firstly, you must be saved;
The Gospel is about what God has done!
The Gospel is the amazing news about God's son
Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross.
His death, burial and resurrection!
He was the only sacrifice accepted by God for our sins!
(Romans 10:9-11)

Submitting
Philippians 2:10-11
We must see that submission applies to every area of our lives;
Choosing God's ways over our ways!
Submitting YOUR will to God's loving rule in daily life.

Prayer
Ephesians 6:18
Prayer is not pulling God to my will, but aligning of my heart and will
to God's will and perfect plan for myself and others.
"That is why we must pray not my will, but God's will be done"

 Worship
Word Centered
1Timothy 4:13

God Centered

Christ Centered
Luke 10: 41-42
Do not become so busy you lose sight of daily worship in all you do!
"Martha, Martha...
You are worried and upset about many things.
But only one thing is needed!
Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her"

Our Character
Our Mind
Romans 12:2
(Reading and Studying God's Word)

Contentment
1Timothy 6:6


A godly woman is something we aspire to be, and it will take time and training!

Nothing worth anything is really going to cost you nothing!

Everything I do requires a part of all these character traits;
Look, we will never stop learning and growing in the things that glorify Christ!

Just because we are women does not mean we will make good wives or mothers!
~We need godly examples and the truth to be read and understood~

Applying truth and biblical principles are an everyday process!

I know each of us could find fault with ourselves or even our own parents;
But we are called to continue...
That means just because we did something wrong does not mean we should stop trying!

When I think about giving up in a certain area, I have an inner compass
That reads due north...
Keep YOUR eyes On the SON
(Jesus Christ)

Remember, it is not what you FEEL
It is what the Scripture's teach us;
Therefore, we THINK...





5 comments:

  1. An on-time post again, my friend! I shared your blog on my FB page because there are sooooo many women who can glean from your wisdom. Love you, Roxy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need and will reread, this very wise post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful post reminding us to keep pressing on even though we we have made mistakes. The Lord has changed me so much and I am sad sometimes because our oldest who is out of the house can't see the daily changes. I dont have much contact with her. But I must press on for the ones still here!
    God bless Roxy
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an excellent book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, my cousin also read it and she loved it too - in fact read it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book about 7 years ago and I often go back and read sections. I have pencil-marked favorite parts as reminders. After reading your post I want to go back and flip through it again!

    blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother