Saturday, November 7, 2015

Spur One Another On...



How can I encourage another to love and to do good deeds?
Life has a way of wearing out the saints
 But the Lord knew that would happen. 
So He gave us each other.
Sometimes even in the toughest times, a smile or a timely word can lift a heavy heart.

Also a gentle reminder to trust while walking a difficult path, can help support our weak knees.

Discouragement will only last a short while.
 It only seems like a very long time...

I am always being refined;
Being in a furnace is very uncomfortable
(Anyone who has ever experienced a hot flash can mildly relate)

We learn when we submit or in some cases have a bit put into our mouths.

How will we be able to encourage another in any hard times,
If we have never been there?

We can see an error in our way at times;
But it is way easier to see the error in another life.

But can you really appreciate it when something of truth is being presented?
I find my own human nature to be rather of the stiff neck sort of group.

Well the point of this post is this;
Correction can be the very thing God will use to spur us on!
Because who wants to be travelling at a high speed in a wrong direction?

To Examine Oneself is a  good thing;
As God will search our hearts.
To provoke one another to good works;
Is by drawing near to God, ourselves, so we can be a blessed influence.

Finding truth is becoming a very rare jewel;
Are we living in the time of Apostasy?

True Christian assembling is for the worship of God,
and for mutual edification of His truth.

But we live in a world where truth is irrelevant;
If it's true to you then so goes the whole bus speeding down the hill.
To exhort one another, to exhort ourselves, to warn of sin and danger.
To watch over one another with the true gospel spirit;
This would be to me a real friendship with my fellow believer.

So, according to this scripture. If I really loved you
I would warn you of danger!

I think a speed bump is a good thing for those speeding buses filled
with people going in a wrong direction.
It gives them time to say let me off here...


So let us consider...

If you see someone living in sin, do we say anything?
Or we would rather mind our own business.
 And not say anything for fear we might offend!

I appreciate you all so much; we are all living out our days!
Blessings, Roxy

Living From Glory To Glory

5 comments:

  1. I agree. Our words need to be always seasoned with grace. I want to be an encourager and build up. That's what God has called us to do and we must choose carefully what words we use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know from experience how a timely word or a smile can lift a heavy heart, and those gentle reminders are so very important as well. Those are the things that I can remember all through my life that have had the power to spur me on and help me to over come. May we all be encouragers and those who spur each other on. Have a lovely weekend Rox.
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy,your words are always encouraging to me.
    Thanks for this post today, as always it has
    Touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is an excellent one. Too often we talk about the lovely things, and the more difficult situations are not discussed in a healthy way. You made so many challenging statements in your post, but the one that spoke to me the most was - what do you do if someone you love is in a speeding bus going in the wrong direction? I do believe that as fellow believers in Christ we have a certain obligation to share one with another if we see something that is leading in a direction away from the Lord. Gentle correction can be a hard thing to endure, but at the same time, I would rather have the chance to get off that speeding bus as you said, than to perish with it. Prayerfully asking the Lord how to handle such a situation is a must, and the only way to to do it. There is so much that could be said on the subject, but I wanted you to know that I agree with the heartfelt cry within your post. And this is why the body of Christ is so important, we all must help one another. Blessings to you Roxy, and praying that the Lord stays your course, and continues to bless you with words from His heart!

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother