Saturday, December 28, 2013

Out With The Old And In With The New...

My refrigerator always gets jammed packed during
the holidays; I open the door and just hope nothing lands
on my toes...
I did go into town today just to get the basics,
Such as milk and some fruit and veggies.
Eggs, cheese and so on!
Oh, I also got my next year Christmas cards half off!

But the moral of this post is this;
Some things just expire!!
I am hoping to downsize with some of my clothes,
I know longer wear or are appropriate any longer.
Hope to reorganize my pantry and throw out what
is not either good for me, or is just old.

Going to go through all of my books again and
dust and reorganize them.
Maybe even buy some new ones, before
Everything goes digital. (Sigh)

I still love holding a book in my hands, something I can
even underline the special parts.

I miss having real pictures!
People will say, you want to see my grandchildren?
They whip open their phone,
SEE...

Favorite Gift:
One of my favorite gifts this Christmas...
I asked my children  to just
 give us an old fashion picture album.
With real pictures in it!
Now that was a novice idea LOL

It Was Time!
Okay, is everyone sitting down?
I have taken down my Christmas Tree!!
It was either that or I was going to have to dust the bulbs,
 And decorations. (NOT)

Holiday Fun!
We went sledding yesterday with dear family friends,
I said no way was I getting on one of those sleds.
I lied!!
I went down three times...
I laughed and screamed like a little girl :)

I am so happy and blessed!
I hope each and every one of you out there,
Are enjoying your days!

Remember never sniff expired milk!

Blessings,
Roxy

8 comments:

  1. Oh...I'm laughing because I you on the picture idea!
    And the tree? Mine went down the day after Christmas. Each year it comes down sooner and faster.
    I think I heard your screaming all the way over here in the Pacific Northwest. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the fridge as the feta kept falling out over Christmas and landing on my toes, fortunately feta is very light weight!! This evening I cut up all the ham (and froze the ham bone for winter soup) and now I have far more room in the fridge.

    I too have taken down my Christmas decorations and given the house a good dust!!

    Glad the sledding went well and no broken bones! Screaming and laughing is good as it keeps us all young :)))

    God Bless.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Rox,
    Lovin your post here. I cleaned my refrigerator out a couple of days ago too; yes, it is true we get over loaded don't we, and we have to clean out to make room for the new. Had such a great time sledding with you all… truly the highlight of our week. I posted pictures, you can check them out on my blog.

    I got your message, but it was a little late to call you back last night, and my words weren't making sense any more at that point… will see you today in Church.
    Love ya,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fridge has been cleaned out and all the forgotten leftovers disposed of. Now I know where all those containers went :)

    The tree came down on the 27th and that was a day late for me! Having it up the whole month is enough time to enjoy it as far as I'm concerned.

    I hope you have a blessed New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tree went down today. I actually like the way the house feels a little empty after Christmas. Of course it doesn't take me long to fill it back up. lol! Must admit I have sniffed expired milk before. Why? just gotta do it! Hee-hee! I will be cleaning drawers, pantry, and closets. A thing I love doing every year after Christmas.
    hugs,
    Jann
    p.s. we went on a hike Christmas Day and I rode a sled too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of your sledding! To each her own where the tree is concerned. This is my favorite week to enjoy the tree...I don't have any bulbs to dust, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just loved to hear about the sledding : ) Sorry that I don't get around to visit your lovely blog very often. I have had to reduce my online time as other priorities have presented themselves

    Big hugs
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smile!
    Sledding, good for you and yes I saw some sweet pic's over at Pam's. New Years day is my sweet hubby's birthday and we will be giving the sledding try :)We have lots of snow!
    You are blessed to live so close by one another.
    So glad the holidays were blessed for you all. Yes, we as well cleaned the fridge, made two huge pots of soup one to freeze and a meal for friends.
    Now, to finish packing up the decorations....my girls are a blessing in this department!
    A blessed New Years to you~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother