Saturday, December 14, 2013

How To Make The Best Peanut Brittle Ever...



Peanut Brittle
This is one very special  treat!
that has  many sweet memory's
attached to it.

 Especially, if you are a wee bit older!

Peanut Brittle is a unique combination,
It is salty and crunchy and sweet!
 And you can never just eat one piece!


I have made many versions of this persnickety Christmas treat...

My first attempt of making Peanut Brittle, we almost had to
 Throw away a cookie sheet, and a bowl that had
 Peanut Brittle stuck to it for life..

But a few years ago I found a recipe from this couple,
that made it in the microwave!!
Now, this couple was versed in Peanut Brittle making!
So, I thought my Hubby and I can do this...
Well...
Our first attempt was hard as a rock,
 as we did not read the recipe all
the way through first !!
May I suggest you read it all the way through and underline
All the times of cooking and any details that stand out.

Remember this is a science.
Peanut Brittle is not for the Wimpy bakers!
It takes wit and fortitude!!


Here is my batch spread out on a greased cookie sheet.
Living From Glory To Glory Blog
Here is their wonderful recipe below "Enjoy"

The Garriguses, who are both 83, have been married 63 years. They've lived in several states over the years. Two of their children, Debbie and Danny, and their grandchildren and great- grandchildren live out of state. Son Ron lives in Lexington.
Rozelle begins making peanut brittle by spreading butter over a ceramic cutting board.
"Use your fingers. God made fingers to work," she said.
Never spread the candy on an ungreased surface; it will stick.
Leo Garrigus uses a spatula to lift and move the candy as it hardens. He learned this after he had to chisel it off a cutting board one time, he said.
Here's how the Garriguses make peanut brittle.
In a 2-quart Pyrex bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar and ½ cup white syrup (measure accurately.) Microwave on high for 3 minutes, 40 seconds.
Remove from microwave and add 2 scant cups (cups not quite full) dry roasted salted peanuts. Punch them down into the mixture. Do not stir.
Return to microwave and cook for 2 minutes, 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and add — but don't stir —1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon butter. Microwave for 1 minute, 30 seconds.
Remove from microwave and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon baking soda. Stir the mixture. It will foam. Immediately pour mixture onto the buttered surface. Drag the bowl along to make sure the mixture is flat. Using a spatula, lift the candy and scoot it around, so it doesn't stick to the surface. Let the mixture cool until completely hardened, about 45 minutes. Break into pieces.
It's best to store peanut brittle in a tin, but Rozelle Garrigus said, "the fellas eat it up so fast, I've never been able to store it."
I hope you will attempt this wonderful Peanut Brittle!!
One thing I do like about Peanut Brittle as it stays fresh for a long time, you can even freeze it!
If you give this as a gift I promise they will tell you it was wonderful tasting.
Blessings, Roxy




Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/12/09/1557538/peanut-brittle-is-a-snap-with.html#storylink=cp



11 comments:

  1. Roxy,
    I love this very much. I have never made peanut brittle, but it is always a favorite of mine, and it also brings back memories of when I was a kid. My best friend and next door neighbor's Mom used to make it. We enjoyed it all through our happy cozy Christmas season. We used to go back and forth to each others houses all Christmas break... and that peanut brittle is right there in the memory. I love seeing yours, and it makes me think to give it a try (but save me a little of yours just incase I can't get to it hehe). Merry Christmas Season Rox,
    Love ya,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first impression was, wow, look at that beautiful color! You can tell by that first photo, that it has to be good!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy,

    Looks like a tasty treat. I have never tried peanut brittle before. I am hoping to make some peanut butter fudge this Christmas as a surprise for my sisters. They both love anything peanut butter! Maybe they would like peanut brittle....I'll have to keep it in mind. : )

    May you have a blessed weekend!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very good. I have never achieved success with this candy before. If I screw up my courage, I'll try it, being sure to report back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxy- I am SO glad to have this recipe for microwave peanut brittle. I have been looking for one. I had one in the mic that did not turn out so I will be anxious to try this one. Thanks so much- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just sent a link to this recipe to my husband, the peanut brittle maker in our house. I hope he'll make some this year.
    Blessings,
    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Roxy! I have always heard that making peanut brittle is really hard. You do mention that you have to take care with the recipe...maybe it will take a few times to get it right?

    But so worth it. I love nuts! I know you are such a good cook, Roxy. Thank you for sharing your treasured recipe from such good friends.
    Blessings!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm... My hubby loves his peanut brittle :) I will have to try your recipe sometime! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so good - yum:)))) The only trouble is, I would want to eat it all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious! Thank you for the recipe--I've always wanted a good peanut brittle recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm sharing this on my October 2nd Happy Homemaker post.
    I'd like to make some with my hubby this winter.

    ReplyDelete



I really appreciate your comments! May they be kind and helpful to encourage my walk, and bless others as they read them. Thank-you!

 
Copyright © living from glory to glory | Powered by Blogger
Design Customized With ❤️️ by My Fairy Blog Mother